This individual is responsible for working with the Director of Admissions for the effective management of the details and scheduling of all admission efforts. The candidate should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, comfortable working personally with school constituents and the public and be able to work independently.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
HS diploma required; BA degree preferred. Minimum of three years of related experience. Commitment to the mission of Traders Point Christian Academy. Self-assurance, responsibility, positivity, excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure; effective communication skills, both verbal and written; high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Word, Outlook and Excel; ability to plan, manage and execute admission events; be a creative problem solver.
The Admissions Assistant is a Christian with an authentic and mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. The ideal Admissions Assistant must have the desire to work closely and nurture a positive relationship with students, teachers, parents, staff, school administrators and community members. The Admissions Assistant must demonstrate respect for all students and community members. The ability to exercise good judgment, set a good example and comply with school standards is a must as well as the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues in a tactful and professional manner. Must be able to address concerns and offer suggestions in an appropriate and confidential manner.
1. Be responsible for the Director of Admissions calendar management, requiring interaction
with both internal and external parties, to coordinate a variety of meetings using expert
judgment and knowledge
2. Anticipate Director of Admission needs and proactively bring together appropriate people
and other resources to support to the Director of Admissions in admissions efforts
3. Independently respond to letter, emails and general correspondence of routine nature
4. Attend meeting or other activities at the discretion of the Director of Admissions
5. Assist in preparing presentations for both internal and external groups
6. Responsible for all Indiana Department of Education reporting in cooperation with outside
7. Plan, manage and execute admissions events
8. Maintain student database, permanent records and online admission processes
9. Assist with communication, process all inquiry requests, student applications/process and
10. Assist Director of Admissions in financial aid and scholarship programs
11. Develop internal processes and reports as needed or requested
12. Coordinate with guidance and Executive Assistant in annual course setup and student
enrollment; review report cards and issue quarterly with annual transcript.
13. Process , maintain and manage Department of Homeland Security records for all
international students through online SEVIS
14. Manage all informational and promotional materials; develop new materials as requested
15. Assist Director of Admissions in marketing and promotional efforts
Must be able to sit and stand for longer periods of time; carry 25 lbs;
Exempt Status: Exempt, salaried
During the school year Monday – Friday generally 8am – 5 pm; some evenings, weekends or
early mornings required for events; position has most regularly scheduled school closure days
off during the school year. Summer schedule follows administrative guidelines with personal
vacation taken during summer months and M – F work schedule set by Head of School and
Director of Admissions.
To apply for the position, qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and completed admin support application by November 15, 2014 to Mrs. Toni Kanzler, Director of Admissions: email@example.com. For more information, please visit the employment page of our website at tpcs.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Traders Point Christian Academy
Traders Point Christian Academy challenges and educates students within the framework of a Biblical worldview while leading them to a personal faith and transformed life in Jesus Christ. More...