Covenant Retirement Communities
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
About Covenant Retirement Communities
Covenant Retirement Communities is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit retirement housing organizations. With 14 communities in 8 states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota and Washington) and more than 2,800 employees, CRC provides exemplary service to 5,000 residents. Its commitment to mission, prudent financial management and forward thinking makes each community, and the entire system, a thriving and vibrant choice for residents and employees. CRC’s central services office is located in Skokie, Illinois, just outside of Chicago.
“As a ministry of the Evangelical Covenant Church, Covenant Retirement Communities celebrates God's gift of life in Christian community. We follow the Great Commandment to love and serve God and one another as taught by Jesus Christ. That compels us to affirm the dignity of each person and to pursue excellence and financial integrity in all that we do.
As we provide a broad range of resources, services and programs to enhance individual and community wellness, we collaborate with residents and families to achieve the best possible results. While seeking to foster independence, we respond to each individual's evolving needs in order to provide the security that assures peace of mind.”
The Opportunity: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing is a key leadership role for CRC. As part of CRC's Operations Team, this individual will serve as a vital resource to each of CRC’s campuses, serving as the key contact for each campus’ leadership and sales teams. She/he will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and will directly supervise a team of two National Sales Managers and 12 campus based Sales Directors.
CRC is looking for an experienced, strategic sales and marketing leader with proven sales experience with entrance fee based continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) to assist with the development of the national marketing, sales and public relations strategies and ensure their effective implementation, thus achieving local and system-wide occupancy metrics. She/he will be accountable for communicating all sales and marketing strategies to each campus, with the goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive centralized resource for the entire organization. It is imperative that the successful candidate contribute to fostering a work environment and culture that embodies the mission and values of CRC and the Evangelical Covenant Church.
The Qualified Candidate
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will foster a workplace environment consistent with the vision, mission, and history established by CRC while simultaneously integrating sales and marketing policies and procedures to achieve occupancy goals and organizational revenue targets. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to develop sales and marketing plans with consistent practices, efficient operations, and streamlined processes across all entities of CRC – a multisite, multi-state organization. S/he will provide evidence of leading strategic direction of all sales and marketing programs and policies leading directly to achievement of sales/occupancy goals.
The ideal candidate will be a creative senior leader and expert in the field of sales and marketing, bringing knowledge of best practices and the ability to forge positive, trusting relationships between central office and campus staff. Sales and marketing experience in senior living, aging services, and healthcare settings is strongly preferred. Familiarity with the Evangelical Covenant Church is ideal, but not required; however, active membership in a Christian faith is expected.
Specific Requirements Include:
- 10+ years related sales and marketing experience, with a minimum of 7 years in a sales and marketing leadership position.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the vision and mission of Covenant Retirement Communities, coupled with an executive level skill set.
- Proven ability to develop a highly productive, effective team by coaching staff, building teams and enhancing professionalism within the department.
- Ability to relate to and interact with all levels of a highly diverse workforce from front line to c-suite as well as organizational trustees and board members.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to serve as the spokesperson for the department and a face of the central services sales and marketing team.
- Team player who can give and take advice and support in order to ensure the fulfillment of CRC’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, and strong collaborator.
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to multitask, focus attention to detail while maintaining an understanding of the big picture of the organizational structure and goals.
- CCRC and/or multi-site sales and marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Committed to an active Christian faith life; ability to fully support the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church; comfort with the intersection of faith life and professional objectives.
- Ability to work outside standard work hours and to travel locally and nationally; a current driver’s license is required.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. Relocation assistance is offered and/or one can commute from a large metro-area with proximity to one of the clusters of communities. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
This search is being managed by Heather A. Eddy, CFRE, President and CEO of Alford Executive Search. To apply, candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume. Due to extremely high volume of applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Kelly Monahan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alford Executive Search, a division of KEES (www.alfordexecutivesearch.com) is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the not-for-profit community through professional staffing solutions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Account Executive-Nashville, TNSalem Media Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 29
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
Sales Assistant- Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- September 22
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES)
KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services, Inc.) offers tools to strengthen your organization, thereby strengthening the communities in which we work, live, and play. Our services are designed to provide multiple inputs to strengthen and transform your leadership (Board and Staff) and the multiple levels of staff/associates that carry out your mission on a daily basis. We serve your leadership and Human Resources needs – including consultation, succession planning, executive recruiting and interim staffing.More...