This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Curriculum Specialist - Writer/Editor
Coral Ridge Ministries Media Inc.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
To provide support and assistance in writing, editing, copyediting, proofing, design and layout as needed and specified by the Instructional Coordinator of Discipleship Curriculum and Training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Research effectively and efficiently using Internet and print resources regularly in order to produce accurate, timely written material.
2. Synthesize gathered information into various written resources for the CRM, adapting writing style to different formats as necessary to produce valuable resources on behalf of CRM.
3. Maintain working awareness of curriculum staff output, coordinating with other departments and tracking and coordinating projects to bring them to completion.
4. Compose time-sensitive written material (curriculum manuscripts, scripts for 10 Truths DVD, scripts for Learn 2 Discern, website copy,) and other items as needed and as requested by the Instructional Coordinator of the Discipleship Curriculum and Training Department.
5. Coordinate, monitor, analyze, and advise on assigned projects, as needed, to see projects to completion.
6. Assist with finalization of assigned projects, employing effective filing techniques, as necessary, in order to locate files/documents/resources when needed.
7. Compile, organize, and record information regarding specific ongoing projects, as needed, to track their status and note accomplishments.
8. Create new, and revise old, CRM curriculum resources to continuously fulfill ourmission and achieve the goals of CRM.
9. On-going policy -- submit all written material for review and integrate input to meet procedural and management requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Excellent writing skills are required along with the ability to follow format requirements on specific projects.
2. Excellent editing skills are highly desirable, including the ability to do substantive editing on selected manuscripts submitted to CRM by both internal and external writers.
3. Willingness to receive input and suggestions for revising copy or manuscripts in order to meet the requirements and needs of specified projects is required.
4. Ability to attend to details of projects along with both the willingness and ability to oversee projects from proposal to completion is required.
5. A general understanding and appreciation for principles of design and layout.
6. Ability to track multiple ongoing projects simultaneously and effectively.
7. Can show initiative in proposing ideas and communicating them effectively.
8. Willingness and ability to oversee projects from proposal to finalization.
9. Able to exercise leadership and good judgment.
All Candidates will be given a Spiritual Interview.
Coral Ridge Ministries is a drug free workplace.
1. All employees are encouraged to join Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church.
2. All applicants must submit writing samples for review.
3. All applicants must edit a short sample of writing provided to the applicant by the Instructional Coordinator of Discipleship Curriculum and Training, for review.
4. The preferred candidate would have a strong background and understanding of Christianity and culture, as well as the work of Dr. D. James Kennedy.
1. Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets.
2. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
1. Ability to read and analyze material and identify key ideas and arguments is required.
2. Ability to write clear and succinct curriculum materials, and/or manuscripts, scripts and other materials in specified formats is required.
1. Provide limited leadership to others through motivation, direction, review and tracking of assigned tasks.
1. Receives guidance with respect to both general objectives and specific projects.
2. In the majority of tasks and projects assigned, independently determines methods, work sequence, scheduling and how to achieve objectives of assignments.
3. Operates within specific policy guidelines.
1. The person in this position is required to attend all in-house training as deemed necessary by the Human Resources Supervisor and the Chief Operations Officer.
2. The person in this position will be provided with training and information specific to the responsibilities of the position by the Instructional Coordinator of Discipleship Curriculum and Training.