Now accepting applications for
2015-2016 School Leadership Positions:
HEADMASTER and ASSISTANT HEADMASTER
Great Hearts Academies—Phoenix/San Antonio/Irving
Great Hearts Academies, the national leader in public, classical liberal arts education, is seeking visionary and energetic school leaders for new and established K-5 and 6-12 schools in Arizona and Texas.
Great Hearts believes that rigorous liberal arts education, grounded in the best of the Western tradition and delivered in a tuition-free, public charter setting, is the key to redeeming American culture. After a more than a decade building a high-performing
network of public charter schools serving over 9,000 students in Arizona, Great Hearts is embarking on a new phase of regional and national expansion and is looking for a cohort of the best school leaders in the country who embrace a classical and liberal
philosophy of education.
- All Great Hearts students take the same rigorous liberal arts curriculum in Latin, history, literature/composition, music, drama, and art.
- All high school students are required to read classic literature and philosophy, including works by Plato, Aristotle, Homer, Virgil, Dante, Shakespeare, Twain, Dickens, and Dostoyevsky.
- All students take the same rich and comprehensive science and mathematics curriculum, including biology, chemistry, physics, algebra, geometry, and calculus
- At K-5th grade, all students take a rigorous core curriculum including Core Knowledge® history and science, traditional phonics, and Singapore Mathematics, as well as required coursework in Foreign Language, Music, and Art.
- Students are required to wear school uniforms, to profess an honor code, and to participate in a school culture free of electronic distractions.
Applicants should have relevant leadership experience, demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching, and a well-grounded moral vision of the human person. Candidates must be immersed in the principles of classical liberal education, and should possess
an academic background consistent with Great Hearts Academies’ exclusive focus on the intellectual tradition of the Western world. He or she must have the vision, energy, and communication skills to be a commanding presence in the community and an eloquent
spokesperson for the Great Hearts liberal arts mission.
Candidates will ideally possess a Master’s degree or above in the liberal arts or a specific academic subject (e.g. history, mathematics, literature, physics, philosophy, classics); professional degrees or certificates in education or administration
are not preferred, though meaningful leadership or administrative experience is.
Initial applications for first round interview consideration must include a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and at least one letter of recommendation. Finalists will be asked to complete and submit additional documents and essays. *As we
are currently reviewing candidate materials and scheduling first round interviews, please send a brief letter of interest to the relevant regional leader as soon as possible (contact info below).
Visit the website for more information: www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers
Candidates must apply using the online application, accessible via our website www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers – following the links for “Application Process.” The site allows applicants to upload the requisite documents directly.
For more information, contact:
Mr. Andrew Ellison
VP of Academies, Great Hearts Arizona
Mr. David Williams
Executive Director, Great Hearts San Antonio
Mr. Bryan Smith
Director of Academics, Great Hearts North Texas
Ms. Kiann Robinson Mapes
Chief Talent Officer, Great Hearts America