Disicipleship Resident Manager
Covered Bridge Therapeutic Communities
Covered Bridge provides a transitional house – a six-month residential Christian discipleship program for up to 6 men. We are a team of Christians with a mission to help men break the destructive power of addictive thinking and behaviors and to equip them
with the biblical character and practical skills necessary to be successful in everyday life.
This opening is for a practical man who is ministry-minded and has a God given heart for helping men to overcome life’s obstacles. The right person will be a spiritually mature man with a history of ministering to men in recovery from drug and alcohol abuse.
Discipleship involves caring for, mentoring, supporting, training and supervising men during all aspects of their recovery and transition to independent living. The right person loves the Lord, has a servants heart with a passion to help hurting people.
He will be grace filled and have the ability to be non-reactive in difficult situations. This person will be a team player who can follow administrative direction but can also be proactive.
Discipleship Resident Manager is also responsible to oversee the day-to-day operations of the house. The person will also be practically minded and able to oversee all aspects of an active home environment.
Specific responsibilities and skills needed include household management:
• Maintaining orderliness and a clean environment by coordinating household chores and ensuring daily completion of chores
• Purchasing household supplies and groceries
• Direct oversight of evening meal preparation
• Coordinating and supervising community service projects
• Reviewing resident daily reports
• Liaising with residents’ families when necessary
• Facilitating group Bible studies
• Chairing evening house meetings
• Overcoming house conflicts by facilitating a biblical process of reconciliation
Other important qualifications include:
• Agrees with the statement of faith and mission statement of Covered Bridge
• Recommendation by his pastor
• Practical knowledge and application of the Scriptures
• Good communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of human / social services agencies
• A valid driver’s license
• If in recovery, a minimum of three years continuous sobriety and freedom from mind-altering drugs
• Proven management / supervisory skills
• Good word processing and computer skills
• Be able to pass background checks to be a Registered volunteer with the VT Department of Corrections
A quiet, private, spacious, newly remodeled studio apartment is provided on the third floor. The accommodations are ideal for a single man or a husband/wife team without children at home. Room, board and salary are included.
If you are a bright, orderly, spiritually mature person with a God given heart for men in recovery and are energized by ministering to them please apply.