The Vice President & Director of Operations and Member Services for CCCA reports to the President/CEO. This position provides organizational oversight in the functional areas of operations (finance, budgeting, business planning, legal counsel, accounting services, technology and facility maintenance). This position also works about 40-50 percent on managing strategic initiatives and identifying and addressing member needs.
This job description shall be reviewed annually for scope and scale. This is a salaried position requiring that tasks are completed without regard for a regimented and specified hourly work week. Due to the nature of the work and the size of the organization, the person filling this position must be able to operate both at a management level and in a “hands on” capacity.
OVERALL QUALIFICATIONS – Vice President & Director of Operations and Member Services shall possess:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and situations.
- A proven track record and skill in finances.
- A proven track record and understanding of business paradigms with the ability to provide scenario planning as options to solve problems.
- A track record with camp and conference center management.
- An understanding of the needs and challenges of camp and conference center ministries and their leaders.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive information, protecting confidentiality of both individuals and organizations.
- Have presentation skills that provide meaningful content for seminar presentations to both small and large organizations at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to solve problems as clarified in CCCA’s alignment strategies to help make a member-service-oriented association stronger.
- Proven ability to effectively manage direct reports and champion team members/staff at all levels in an organization.
Duties – Vice President, Director of Operations and Member Services shall function in these areas:
In regard to FINANCES…
- Act as the Corporate Finance and Operations officer.
- Develop and oversee accounting functions in accord with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee accounts payable and bank statement reconciliation, year-end closing, and Audit requirements in conjunction with the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Ensure filing of 990 and 990T along with CA and CO required IRS forms for an exempt organization.
- Provide the format and assist in developing and monitoring the annual Operating Budget as differentiated from the Projects Budget.
- Provide appropriate financial reports for the organization on a timely basis.
- Meet the requirements of CCCA’s auditing firm.
- Ensure completion of financial reporting as required by outside agencies, e.g. governmental, Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), Charitable Solicitation Requirements, etc.
- Provide reports on investments, funds, loans and functions related to their procurement and/or distribution following the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) as administered by the Executive Committee of the Board.
- Provide active cash management from one or more accounts to ensure bills can be paid. This may involve redeeming investments using IPS parameters.
In regard to BUDGETING AND REPORTING...
- Work with senior management and outside service providers to develop and modify current and possibly future year budgets and project cashflow using codified organizational assumptions.
- Review monthly financial reports and provide context for variances that may need explanation.
- Monitor Association metrics to ensure that measurement activities both projected income and expenses with resulting net gain/(loss) forecasting compared to plan.
- Create and monitor 12-month spreadsheets for operations.
- Assist with project reporting and definitions in order to ensure restricted project (TR) fulfillment when requested.
In regard to BUSINESS AFFAIRS, DATA PROCESSING and PERSONNEL …
- Provide for proper infrastructure, personnel training and development, along with outside contractors as needed so that data is configured, protected and maintained using agreed-upon organizational business rules serviced by software and/or application service provider (ASP) applications.
- Oversee risk management processes and legal activities, certain letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and obligations. Oversee organizational insurance needs based upon risks and recommend coverages.
- Provide organizational metrics and measurement reporting process as requested.
- Oversee administrative functions ensuring day-to-day operations of physical plant and equipment.
- Oversee the purchase, lease and replacement of computers, copiers, servers, printers, phone system, and other office technology hardware.
- Oversee matters relating to health insurance and workers compensation.
- Ensure that the personnel function is properly carried out with records, forms, and compliance for record retention.
- Ensure the filing of government tax forms as they relate to personnel, e.g. quarterly tax reports and certain 1099’s for payments.
- Provide personnel information to HR as requested.
In regard to MEMBER SERVICES…
- Provide guidance on research, design, implementation and evaluation for specified member programs, products and services (P/P/S’s).
- Serve as the lead in researching, designing, building and managing specific strategic initiatives or strategic efforts, as directed by president.
- Provide guidance on budgetary needs of the National Conference and other significant events.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative oversight of Industry Survey before it is issued and during the data analysis phase.
- Serves as CCCA’s national office representative on the Church Mutual Insurance Company safety committee.
- Review operational content for member resources when needed.
- Work with Marketing/Communications team to ensure member awareness of programs and opportunities and to enhance membership growth efforts.
- Attend Sectionals upon request and deliver seminars on areas of operational expertise.
- Provide guidance for Sections when necessary for financial, banking, and agreement/contract fulfillment.
- Champion the cause of conducting evaluation of CCCA P/P/S’s, collecting member feedback so all member services are based on both felt and anticipated needs.
In addition…be willing, as time and skill allows, to take on other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Interested parties may send resume or inquiry to President/CEO Gregg Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, contact us at (719) 260-9400 / email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Overseas Western Chef & Dining Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Teach Basketball in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- Hangzhou, China
- December 2
Christian Camp and Conference Association
Our Mission CCCA exists to maximize ministry for member camps and conference centers Who We Serve Our member camps and conference centers are led by some of the most amazing people you’d ever hope to meet. Their dedication to serving campers is why we work hard to provide them with training, resources and encouragement to maximize their ministry. We want to develop tools that will be helpful for them as they create life-changing camp experiences and reach out to campers. Most of us at CCCA have either experienced camp ourselves as kids, or More...