Since 1997, Quiet Waters Outreach has been a leader in the provision of support services to people with developmental disabilities (DD) and their caregivers in Oregon.
QWO’s Founder and Executive Director for over 17 years, has decided to begin a new chapter in his life. He has served our guests and their families with passion, patience and optimism which has earned him their respect and trust and inspired his staff.
To build on his outstanding service, we seek to find a dynamic individual who will take pride in our past and continue our mission of providing innovative services to people with DD and their caregivers.
QWO is a Christian nonprofit ministry with a mission to reflect the love of Christ through the provision of services that strengthen families of people with DD. We provide respite care services in our two Bed & Breakfast Respite Homes, family support services,
and help local area churches establish monthly volunteer-led outreach programs. QWO is governed by an active Board of Directors, employs eight staff and over 300 volunteers.
Our priorities are the following: 1) To please God; 2) To strengthen caregivers of people with DD, resulting in healthier caregiving environments; 3) Improve the quality of life for people with DD; 4) To educate the community on the value of people with
If you are looking for a caring organization and a career that will allow you to make a difference in the lives of people with Developmental Disabilities and their caregivers, you have found it in Quiet Waters Outreach!
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations in accordance with QWO’s mission and core values
- Establish strategies and action plans for attaining organizational objectives
- Manage competing priorities
- Maintain high guest satisfaction
- Manage the budget to meet all financial goals
- Lead the marketing efforts to increase organizational growth
- Recruit, train, mentor and inspire team members
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising
- Operates organization within Board directives, licensing, and government requirements
- A passion for working with people with DD;
- A strong commitment to QWO’s mission, core values and statement of faith;
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity;
- Three to five years supervisory experience managing staff and volunteers including hiring, coaching, supervision and discipline, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Proven ability to manage guest, family and caregiver relationships and to identify and build relationships within the local community that will drive business and revenue;
- Minimum of one year experience in all aspects of fundraising;
- Able to handle multiple priorities effectively while demonstrating interpersonal and political savviness;
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate presentations as needed;
- Masters level education in human services or related field and/or work experience equivalent;
- Proven direct care experience in serving people with developmental/intellectual disabilities;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. Adobe Creative Suite and Giftworks a plus; and
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.
- Extensive knowledge of the logistics of respite care, the facilitation of volunteers, the varying facts about people with mental disabilities, and needs assessment;
- Knowledge of Oregon’s State DD System;
- Previous experience with managing a Non-profit/Respite Home/Assisted Living and/or Memory Care Community; and
- Service in outside community and/or civic organizations and associations.
- Competitive base salary, DOE. Generous medical and vacation benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, tell us why you are unique; share with us your experience with people with developmental disabilities; and tell us why you think you can lead QWO and help it continue to succeed.
For more information on Quiet Waters Outreach, please visit: www.quietwatersoutreach.org