This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Area Development Leader Southeast US
AL, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2007
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB PURPOSE: To grow Global Actions ministry by developing long-term, effective relationships with individuals, churches, foundations and corporations in the Southeastern US area to ensure that area development goals and objectives are accomplished.
1. Identify, cultivate, and develop relationships with potential donors in assigned area in a way that would influence participation in Global Actions ministry.
2. Represent Global Action programs effectively, communicating our vision and objectives to churches, organizations and individuals whenever appropriate including speaking engagements, booths, conferences, etc.
3. Actively seek and develop new funding sources,
4. Annually generate sufficient income to meet or exceed fiscal year budget goals and objectives.
5. Assist and participate in direct mail, acquisitions, planned giving, and foundations/grants projects whenever needed.
6. Maintain a close working relationship and effectively communicate on a regular basis with Development Team Leader and other Development staff.
BS Degree in Business is preferred. Certification in non-profit fundraising is a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Must be flexible and able to accommodate changing circumstances and situations.
A passion for sharing the vision of Global Action in a way that influences listeners to participate.
Positive attitude and ability to look at challenges as opportunities.
Knowledge and experience in the area of fund-raising and donor relations. Must be able and willing to locate, initiate, cultivate and maintain relationships with pastors, churches, and potential donors.
Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
Excellent project management skills.
Computer literate including proficiency with MS Office applications.
Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 50 - 60% of all work time.
keywords: fundraising, donor development, resource development, financial development.