AGREEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT: Present date – March, 31, 2015
SCOPE OF WORK: Interim pianist is accountable to the pastor as supervisor
- Prepare and play the piano (or organ, if able and appropriate) for Sunday worship services. This includes, but not limited to: preludes, meditation/prayer times, congregational singing, offertory, transitions, postludes.
- Accompany other musicians as able for special music and/or offertory.
- Accompany the seasonal choir (Christmas/Easter) under the direction of the seasonal choir director.
- Experience and competency in piano accompanying for various genres (hymns, classical, contemporary Christian).
- Willingness to work with pastoral leadership and laypersons of differing musical abilities and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with the Christian faith and Christian worship (preferred). 4. Experience working as a church musician (preferred). 5. Ability to play the organ for hymn accompanying when appropriate (preferred).
- This is a 6-month, interim, part-time position (3-5 hours/week, including preparation time). 2. Compensation is $125 - $150 per week depending on
- If the permanent position is not filled by the end of the 6-month period, this interim position may be extended on a month-to-month basis, based on mutual agreement by employee and supervisor
- This position may be eligible for the permanent musician position.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com