Title: Food Service Director
Reports to: Property Director or Associate Director
Job Classification: Exempt Status
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Food Service Director will be responsible for everything that happens in the Dining Hall, including meal preparation and food service staff management. This will be a full time position with appropriate benefits and housing. This position will be salaried and hours will be determined by the season of the year.
Gospel displayed as:
- Commit to a daily walk with Christ that includes reading his word, praying and regular fellowship with believers.
- Commit to a consistent attendance in a local body of believers.
- Commit to regularly sharing your faith.
Relationships displayed as:
- Commit to seeking out opportunities to build relationships with our staff.
- Commit to resolving conflict in a way that honors Christ and His word.
- Commit to seeking out opportunities to build relationships with our guests prior to their arrival and while on property.
Excellence displayed as:
- Commit to seeking to do everything that we do as unto the Lord.
- Commit to help hold accountable each person on our staff to this same level of excellence.
Key areas of responsibility
- Meal Preparation
- Maintaining cleanliness/organization of Dining Hall
- Food Service staff management
Core competencies required
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and guests
- Basic skills in using a word processor and/or spreadsheet, ie. Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of food service equipment pertaining to use and cleaning
- Ability to implement effective organization of product
- Ability to create and/or implement concise recipe guides for food service staff
- Our guests make significant spiritual decisions while at camp ie. Salvation, Call to Ministry etc.
- You seek to maintain relationships both with those that you work with and those that you serve. These are measured in a yearly 360 degree evaluation and then on a weekly basis through retreat and camp evaluations.
- You seek to maintain excellence in your work. This is measured through the timely, error free completion of your work. Food Service evaluations should also average an 8 out of 10 or higher.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kitchen Manager/Cook-with a heart for servingHope House, Inc.
- Marsing, Idaho
- September 24
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Crossings is a group-based camp ministry that is first and foremost about proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ. Crossings has seen consistent double digit percentage growth each year and has seen 1000s of students decide to trust Jesus as Lord of their lives and commit to full-time vocational ministry. This growth demands a disciplined environment of continual innovation and seeking after a standard of excellence that is constantly elevated. Ultimately, we seek to be the very best group based camp ministry in the world, not so that we can More...