Operation Christmas Child has seasonal job opportunities for qualified individuals who have the desire to be part of this meaningful ministry. You, or someone you know, may be an ideal candidate to serve in seasonal staff positions at the Charlotte Shoebox
Processing Center. This will require a commitment to work the duration of the processing season, from mid-November until the project is complete (generally around mid-December).
Positions are temporary, full-time (40+ hours per week), with both first and second shift available. Requirements include clean background along with personal and church references. Position available include:
- Data Entry Keyers – (alpha numeric and 10 Key) – Responsible for the keying of information from a scanned image on a computer screen. Must possess excellent keying skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Cash Processors – Cash handling experience required. Responsible for preparation of cash donations for processing.
- Mail Processors – Responsible for the sorting of incoming donor correspondence.
- Team Leaders – Candidates with supervisory, team or volunteer leadership experience are needed to lead teams in warehouse, shoebox processing, mail and data entry operations.
- Forklift Operators – Must have Forklift certification and experience on sit–down forklifts.
- Dock & Warehouse Workers – Unloading and Loading large boxes containing shoebox gifts. Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Carton Monitors – guide and coach volunteers in packing shoeboxes into cartons.
TO APPLY: Please visit us at: www.samaritan.org. On the task bar under “Get Involved”, choose “OCC Charlotte Seasonal”. Download and complete the application – then you can email it to email@example.com; or fax it to 704-916-8048.
We also accept applications at the Processing Center located at 7100 Forest Point Blvd, Charlotte NC, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters,
disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan's Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world's standard while serving the purposes of God's kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible