Director of Development
Supervised by: CEO
Director of Development must implement an integrated and strategic development plan focused on relationship building and increasing foundation, corporate, public, and individual giving in keeping with the mission and goals. Fundraising responsibilities are hands on – including grant writing, donor relations, and events. This position is charged with enhancing Rancho Damacitas visibility by presenting client experience and organizational mission as part of a cohesive communications plan. Reports to the CEO and serves on senior management committee.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
External Relations and Donor Development:
1. Prospect and solicit meetings for CEO, Board Members, Self, and other senior members.
2. Network on behalf of Rancho Damacitas to promote the organization and enhance its visibility and impact.
3. Manage a portfolio of prospects, taking primary responsibility for stewardship and fulfillment
(tracking, soliciting recognition, and reporting).
4. Provide management of annual drives and events, including in-king giving and major donor events.
5. Develop and provide for annual direct mail solicitation and other methods to renew and develop individual giving.
6. Become knowledgeable and develop a plan for all friends of Rancho Damacitas.
Grant Development and Stewardship:
1. Develop and provide for maintenance of ongoing and new grant solicitations from foundations, government, nonprofit partners, and corporations.
2. Assist program managers and teams to develop and refine program design, evaluation and grant proposals also providing for research, literature review, writing, editing, coaching, and any other related tasks.
3. Attempt to prepare CEO and other appropriate staff to attend bidder’s conferences and other similar events.
4. Ensure that all grants meet consistent standards, are reviewed for key criteria prior to submission and tracked in a central data base.
1. Conceptualize and provide for development of annual report, case statements, data “snapshots” and other means to communicate the agency’s mission and accomplishments.
2. For multiple modalities (print, in person, social media, website) to communicate the Rancho Damacitas mission its impact and its need to the public at large.
3. Position Rancho Damacitas as an information “hub” for our clients, the community at large and to show our expertise and leadership.
4. Ensure media outreach, community engagement, communications strategy are compelling and current as well as supportive of our results based mission.
1. Provide monthly status reports on prospects and funds secured.
2. Provide regular updates on all grant and donor prospects.
3. Provide leadership and facilitation for the Board of Directors.
4. Provide on-going leadership, team work, and supervision of the development staff.
5. Must possess a working knowledge of agency daily operations and other responsibilities as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated fund raising success with major gifts, foundations, individual givers, and restricted gifts.
2. Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communications skills and an outgoing approach.
3. Familiarity with donor’s interest to support vulnerable youth.
4. Creative thinker with a track record of developing and implementing innovative strategies to achieve communication and marketing goals.
5. Demonstrates external relations expertise, ability to work with diverse personalities, leadership roles, styles and circumstances.
6. Proficiency with computer software and technology as needed to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
7. College degree required and 6-8 years of professional experience in fund raising, member relations, civic engagement, communications and or related fields preferably with public affairs or nonprofit groups.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4