Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Part Time
Exempt Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Head of Department/Unit
It is the primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant to assist the Head of Department/Unit in all areas as they relate to that Department/Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and office support activities for the Departmental Director/Supervisor. Duties may include but are not limited to the following, depending on the area of assignment:
- Telephone coverage
- Receive and direct visitors
- Perform multifaceted general office support
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, service trips and other School events.
- Schedule the use of school facilities and equipment
- Word processing, record keeping, creating spreadsheets and presentations
- Filing, mailing, copying and faxing
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Compose correspondence, complete forms, and prepare documents.
- Communicate procedural information and release data, ensuring appropriate consideration of confidential issues.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- A working knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal/Communication Skills (Phone and Face-to-Face)
- Ability to work well with others and in the midst of distractions
- Positive attitude a must.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, educational visitors, and students.
- Enjoy working with Junior/Senior High Students
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ.
- At least a High School diploma (some College education preferred). .
- Experience in an educational institution or church/ministry setting a plus.
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Sitting (50-75%)
• Standing and walking (25-50%)
• Keyboarding requiring manual dexterity (50-75%)
• Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (50-75%)
• Using a telephone; talking and listening (40-75%)
• May bend or stoop to retrieve file folders occasionally
• May lift or move boxes occasionally (up to 25 pounds)
- The King’s Academy offers tuition discount to qualified employees and family.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background.