Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Part Time
Exempt Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Head of Department/Unit
It is the primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant to assist the Head of Department/Unit in all areas as they relate to that Department/Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and office support activities for the Departmental Director/Supervisor. Duties may include but are not limited to the following, depending on the area of assignment:
- Telephone coverage
- Receive and direct visitors
- Perform multifaceted general office support
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, service trips and other School events.
- Schedule the use of school facilities and equipment
- Word processing, record keeping, creating spreadsheets and presentations
- Filing, mailing, copying and faxing
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Compose correspondence, complete forms, and prepare documents.
- Communicate procedural information and release data, ensuring appropriate consideration of confidential issues.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- A working knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal/Communication Skills (Phone and Face-to-Face)
- Ability to work well with others and in the midst of distractions
- Positive attitude a must.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, educational visitors, and students.
- Enjoy working with Junior/Senior High Students
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ.
- At least a High School diploma (some College education preferred). .
- Experience in an educational institution or church/ministry setting a plus.
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Sitting (50-75%)
• Standing and walking (25-50%)
• Keyboarding requiring manual dexterity (50-75%)
• Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (50-75%)
• Using a telephone; talking and listening (40-75%)
• May bend or stoop to retrieve file folders occasionally
• May lift or move boxes occasionally (up to 25 pounds)
- The King’s Academy offers tuition discount to qualified employees and family.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...