The Food Service Ministry Coordinator will plan, prep, and cook meals from scratch for ABWE training events located at our International Administration and Training Center near Harrisburg, PA. Additionally, the Food Service Ministry Coordinator will lead
the production and presentation of food and event-set up. This position is part-time and averages 25 hours per week depending on the event schedule. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday serving the lunch meal and snacks.
The ideal candidate will have experience cooking/catering meals from scratch for groups of 100 or more, developing seasonal menus, utilizing commercial kitchen equipment, placing food and product orders with distributers, and maintaining kitchen health codes
(ServSafe). Additionally, the Cook/Kitchen Manager will recruit and train volunteers to assist with the food preparation and food service at events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing all aspects of the Corporate Kitchen including the planning, purchasing, preparation (cooking from scratch) and service of lunch and snacks at ABWE training events.
• Recruiting, training, and overseeing kitchen volunteers.
• Overseeing food storage and food handling practices according to safe food handling regulations.
• Developing policies and procedures for kitchen use.
• Creating seasonal menus for events.
• Placing food and product orders with food distributors.
• Overseeing budget and expenditures for food service.
• Overseeing food presentation and event set-up.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma
Minimum Prior Experience Required: 1-2 years of related experience (including catering experience or large volume cooking experience).
• Must view food service as a ministry to our missionaries.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Highly organized and a passion to serve.
• Takes initiative.
• Strong relational and communication skills.
• Energetic and deadline-oriented.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 50lbs; stand and walk for extended periods of time; climb and balance on a step stool/ladder; stoop,
kneel, and crouch; sustain repetitive arm and hand motion; work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time; work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is
absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, include your
name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs
close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.