The Systems Developer/Data Analyst works with the ABWE Information Technology Services team to provide support for all ABWE systems. The Systems Developer will be responsible for data analysis, report writing, custom applications and custom web development. The System Developer/Data Analyst will also create documentation to describe custom configurations and operating procedures. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides custom application development, data analysis and report writing for multiple ABWE projects.
• Works with IT team to provide technical expertise and recommendations for all ABWE systems.
• Produces and maintains documentation for all custom applications and reports.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Director of Network Operations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Two (2) or more years of work related experience with extensive hands-on experience in systems networking, querying and analyzing SQL database, application development, Web development, and user support.
• Solid background in data mining and analysis using Microsoft SQL and Access.
• Experience developing reports using Microsoft Reporting Services is desirable.
• Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, ASP, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
• Experience with Microsoft AspDotNetStorefront is desirable.
• Experience in developing and implementing standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to remain focused on completing assignments.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Exhibits flexibility and adaptability.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
• Exhibits sound judgment.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a Bible believing local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
IT Helpdesk TechnicianChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 14
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry. We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.