This is a user focused individual who will provide technical support by answering help requests, maintaining documentation of help requests and escalating those calls to higher level support if necessary. The selected individual will also be responsible
for the maintenance and support of workstations, applications and will install and maintain hardware and software. The individual will also assist in the completion of IT projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
Basic understanding of computer networks and related technology
Ability to communicate with end users in a friendly way
Support users in a professional and timely manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support for all provided products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing users regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating IT policy.
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engages in research and troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
- Records required customer and problem information in the Spiceworks helpdesk system. Documents the resolution of help requests from beginning through completion.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal, email, or in-person follow up.
- Works on various projects as assigned by supervisor.
Education / Qualifications (Preferred but not required)
Working knowledge of Microsoft software (specifically Microsoft Office)
Working knowledge of Moodle
Customer support experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Statement of Faith:
Northern Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.
Northern Seminary seeks candidates that are dedicated followers of Christ and have a sincere desire to be an integral part of the mission of the Seminary.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Ace McClinton at email@example.com. Please see our website for additional information about the Seminary at www.seminary.edu.