This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Camp Food Service Manager
Mt. Berry, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 03/06/2007
Categories: Food Services
Job Type: Full-Time
The Camp Food Service Manager will have complete responsibility for food service support of WinShape Camps (Girls and Boys) by serving meals to 700 campers, camp staff and other WinShape support staff on a daily basis during the 8 weeks of WinShape Camps in June and July, 2007.
The Camp Food Service Manager will establish processes and procedures to successfully provide food service activities that meet or exceed the expectations of taste, temperature, presentation, and staff hospitality. The Camp Food Service Manager will direct food service operations through the organization of appropriate staff by recommending staff levels, schedule hours, management structure, and appropriate acquisition of contract staff.
The Camp Food Service Manager will direct, oversee, and train WinShape Retreat food service staff in the preparation and presentation of meals for WinShape Camps, evaluate performance, and report.
Reports directly to the Director of Operations, WinShape Retreat, and coordinates services between food service and designated WinShape Camps Directors.
1. Familiarize yourself with WinShape Foundation and join the planning process for summer 2007, no later than April, 2007.
2. Direct WinShape Retreat food service activities beginning May 14, 2007 and ending August 3, 2007.
3. Order, inventory, and prepare food according to the agreed upon menus as approved by WinShape Camps. Report any deviation from the menus as soon as they are known and seek approval for changes.
4. Manage/Direct/Mentor the food service staff and management.
5. Ensure the successful preparation, presentation, and quality of the food and experience.
6. Manage food service operations with the highest level of stewardship and within the budget guidelines established at the beginning of the assignment.
7. Create weekly summaries of food service activities and issues, recommendations for improvements, and participate in weekly debriefings with WinShape Camps and WinShape Retreat Directors.
8. Evaluate and Report the performance of WinShape Retreat food service personnel at the conclusion of the assignment, including observations associated with competency and capacity.
A minimum of 5 years management and/or consulting experience in food service or restaurant management preferably with significant experience in a high volume/camp environment.
Proven successful experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring, training, and evaluating food service staff.