Job Description: Manager of Business Operations
The Manager of Business Operations will supervise the administrative operations of the church office and support the pastoral ministry at Living Hope Community Fellowship (LHCF).
To be considered for this position, a candidate should meet the following qualifications:
• Must be a born-again believer who has placed his/her faith and trust in Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord and show evidence of a mature faith.
• Must maintain spiritual qualifications consistent with being a spiritual leader according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• Must support the vision, mission, ministry, statement of faith, and core values of the church.
• Must demonstrate an attitude of service to the body of Christ, viewing this position as not only a job, but a ministry.
• Must seek to serve as an example to the body.
• Must be willing to serve the membership through relationship and fellowship, prayer and stewardship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related area and ideally 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
PROFESSIONAL AND MANAGERIAL
• Punctual and dependable.
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality regarding church records, ministry situations, etc.
• High degree of competence in administration and management of people and a desire to grow in professional skills.
• Experience in recruiting and motivating volunteers, communicating project goals and positively encouraging volunteers toward fulfillment of stated goals.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to deal with issues positively, finding effective solutions, or seeking assistance as needed.
• Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently, as well as in team-based settings.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, grant writing, and policy writing.
• Strong conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
• Experience in a multi-cultural and diverse background.
• Computer skills should be current with a basic understanding of desktop maintenance procedures, computer networks, database management, printer and copier maintenance.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The Manager of Business Operations will ensure effective and successful operation of the church office in regards to personnel and resources in order to keep the ministries of Living Hope Community Fellowship functioning efficiently and effectively as determined by Senior Pastor and Church Council.
OFFICE STAFFING AND RECEPTION
• Administers and maintains a volunteer team to keep the church and church office open and functioning during weekday business hours.
• Administers and maintains staff and employees team, this includes the supervision of the Assistant Administrator, Office Assistant and other part-time employees.
• Responsible for the recruitment, employment and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
• Ensures that job descriptions are developed and updated.
• Ensures that regular performance evaluations are held and that sound, effective, compliant human resources are in place.
• Ensures that succession planning with effective provisions is in place to maintain continuity and sustainability of a management team.
• Ensures and encourages staff and volunteer development and education.
• Maintains a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff and volunteer team of high performing people.
• Responsible for new hire and volunteer orientation.
• Maintains an "Office Procedure Manual" that is up-to-date and easily accessible to others should it be needed.
• Prepares and oversees office budgets.
RECORDS & BOOKKEEPING
• Maintains personnel records on all personnel, pastoral and support staff.
• Oversees and administers insurance needs for personnel and property.
• Maintains and updates background checks for all volunteers and staff who work with minors.
• Coordinates with office staff to maintain records of business transactions.
• Maintains and updates computer hardware, software, office equipment, maintenance contracts, and phone systems.
• Manages Wi-Fi network security and access.
• Maintains system backups and cloud file sharing.
• Keeps current on all software and technology trends that can improve the work of the church
BUILDING, FACILITIES and VEHICLE ASSISTANCE
• Oversees LHCF Facilities Manager.
• Coordinates facilities calendar with Facilities Manager.
• Coordinates special event scheduling (i.e. weddings, receptions, funerals, conferences, workshops, etc.).
• Maintains insurance, tag, and LHCF vehicle maintenance history.
PASTORAL LIAISON RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists Senior Pastor as needed and coordinates with lay Elders to minister to the needs of the congregation.
• Coordinates hospital visits, family emergency needs, etc. of membership.
• Acts as point of contact for benevolence requests.
• Implements creative strategies to increase membership and expand awareness of the mission and vision of LHCF.
Coordinates the development and release of the following:
• Marketing and Advertising, raising the visibility of the organization through the development and implementation of a sustainable internal and external marketing campaign using a variety of channels:
Website and Social Media
Printed Publications (bulletins, mass mailings)
Press Releases, PSA’s
Other – All other duties as assigned
Selected individual will be required to pursue and obtain membership status at Living Hope Community Fellowship and maintain regular attendance. It is desired that the candidate will fully integrate into the fabric of the church.
SALARY AND EXPERIENCE
This is position is classified as exempt status according to FLSA regulations as referenced in the LHCF Employee Manual and your specific Employee Memo of Agreement. Salary will be commensurate to experience and education.
Health insurance will be provided through LHCF for employees that work a minimum of 38 hours per week. LHCF pays a designated portion of the premium and the employee is responsible for the remaining portion.
VACATION AND SICK LEAVE
Leave will be granted for vacation, illness and conferences as per the "LHCF Staff Absence/Leave Policy” as referenced in the LHCF Employee Manual and your specific Employee Memo of Agreement.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
There will be two formal evaluations conducted by the Senior Pastor and the Council (at six and twelve months). Senior Pastor may also conduct a 90-day evaluation upon employment as a means of probationary evaluation. These evaluations would include specific performance expectations, such as ministry responsibilities, office duties, and the keeping of regular office hours. This position is at-will employment, subject to termination at the sole discretion of the Senior Pastor and/or Council, with or without cause.
• Maintain at a minimum a regular 40 hour workweek primarily Sunday and Tuesday through Friday and as assigned by the pastoral staff.
Ministry hours outside of the office need to be approved and coordinated through the Senior Pastor.
• Selected individual will maintain healthy working relationships with other church staff, lay Elders, and ministry coworkers.
• Selectee will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor, and under the authority of the Council.
• In any instances of conflict with the Senior Pastor or other staff members, the selected individual may appeal to the Council for resolution of the issues using the established Grievance Procedure. If conflict remains unresolved, it would then be placed on the Council’s agenda for consideration by the entire Board.
• To receive an application, interested individuals should send resumes in PDF format.
• For more information, please contact the LHCF Administrative Office Tuesday through Friday from 9am until 5pm.
• Manager of Business Operations resumes will be received until October 15, 2014.
• A background check will be required prior to hire.
"Where the Living Christ makes possible a Living Hope."
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21