This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part Time Bookkeeper
CA, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
The bookkeeper works with our International and National offices to help keep track of all transactions on QuickBooks Premier accounting software "for Associations and Non-Profit Companies", for STLI, a non-profit company incorporated in the United States and registered in Central Asian (CA) countries of operation. This position requires a strong knowledge of fund accounting, General Ledger management, and working with Microsoft Excel.
This position will allow you to work from your home office and will require the person to have a high-speed Internet connection along with a computer in good working condition.
Knowledge of the following tasks:
1. Accounts Payable & Receivable
2. Bank & PayPal reconciliations (both locally and internationally)
3. G/L accounting with quarterly Restricted and Designated Assets reconciliations
4. Wire funds
5. Financial Reports and situational reports upon request
6. Communicate regularly with accountants in the Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan office and with program heads in Kyrgyzstan and US offices
7. Prepare financial reports monthly, quarterly and for the semi-annual board meetings
8. Assist with semi-annual budgeting process
9. Prepare for and assist with the annual STLI audit
10. General management of QuickBooks accounting system for all offices