This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Accounts Receivable & Payroll Administrator
Patten University-Oakland CA
CA, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
PATTEN UNIVERSITY BUSINESS OFFICE:
We are a team of individuals that collects, interprets, and maintains financial information while providing quality customer service and training. We strive to protect the financial integrity and Christian Testimony of the University in a changing regulatory and technological environment.
A department recognized for providing excellent customer service, including training, and reliable, accurate financial information while projecting the love and grace of God to staff and students.
We value grace, teamwork, fairness, communication, competence, integrity, adaptability, and humor.
Performs different and diverse duties in the Business Department including: accounts receivable for students, accounts receivable for university-wide accounts, payroll administration and human resources administration.
1. Coordinate specific transactions or tasks involving student accounts in close
association with the Financial Aid function of the Enrollment Services Department, ensuring such accounts are balanced and reconciled and preparing regular reports utilizing various financial systems and reports.
2. Lead the effort in handling, reviewing and analyzing student accounts receivable and uses knowledge and skills to improve the process and increase efficiency.
3. Through contact with internal and external customers, financial agencies and governmental agencies, research and resolve discrepancies.
4. Complete reference documentation for adjustments, payroll and other pertinent account information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
5. Complete credit balance evaluations of accounts, notify appropriate university departments of needed adjustments and prepare refunds for students, parents or third parties making related account adjustments.
6. Review monthly balance sheet for all assigned areas, including variance analysis, previous and current year budget, and resolution of all outstanding issues.
7. Review accounts of students who drop hours or exit the university for any necessary financial aid or tuition adjustments in accordance with applicable federal or state financial aid regulations.
8. Respond to in-person and telephone inquiries from agencies, students, parents, faculty and staff. Advise departments regarding policy and procedures.
9. Provide payroll processing, compliance, communication and customer service
Support for all employees of the university.
10. Process time cards in proper manner, ensuring correctness and prepare manual checks as required and communicate with employees as necessary.
11. Collaborate with supervision in answering payroll inquiries from federal, state and local agencies regarding data.
12. Maintain all human resources files including: personnel, benefits, and attendance and ensure for compliance with all applicable benefit plans and staff policies.
13. Assist staff with HR inquiries and participate in the annual health insurance enrollment and ensure that staff is updated and compliant with any benefits, such as TIAA/CREF savings.
14. Assist supervision with any governmental regulation requirement, audit, legal compliance, or lawsuit preparation.
Experience: One to three years of work in an accounting and/or human resources environment, preferably in a non-profit organization.
Education: High school diploma required, bachelors degree (or work leading up to the bachelors degree) preferred.