The Recruiting Specialist is responsible to coordinate and manage the recruitment process for paid staff, tentmaker staff and intern staff vacancies. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, travel, recruiting events, mission’s fairs and electronic recruiting methods. This position is responsible for background checks for open and new job positions within Cityteam. S(he) is responsible for supporting both local and national recruiting strategies.
- Works with hiring managers to ensure all job expectations are clearly defined and recruited.
- Manage job searches, including reference checks, coordinating travel plans, interview scheduling, set-up and facilitation of on-site interviews.
- Receive applications, resumes and inquiries and facilitate correspondence with candidates within approved deadlines.
- Insure employment opportunities listings are updated, including electronic filings, Christian job websites, church listings, and internal postings.
- Prepares offer letters for signature.
- Assimilates new hire packets and paperwork for process by Finance and Human Resources.
- Insure job library is kept current by revising job descriptions in occurrence with staff additions and organizational changes.
- Support volunteer, summer and holiday recruiting activities as requested.
- Answer phones as needed on main switchboard as part of regular relief rotation.
- Participate in holiday volunteer project, including on-site assistance and database management as requested.
- Assist in production of collateral recruiting materials for all Cityteam locations as requested.
- Insure recruiting files are kept organized and secure and that all staff granted access to said files have been properly trained in handling confidential documents.
- Assist in execution of benefits management process as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian church.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Ability and proven skills in interpersonal relations.
- Must be organized and able to interface well in high exposure area.
- Must be flexible and multi-task oriented; able to work on a variety of projects, set priorities, and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must be detail oriented, able to bring projects to completion on time and within budget parameters.
- Must have proven aptitude for computers with previous experience in PC usage and willingness to become proficient in variety of software applications.
- Minimum typing speed: 50 wpm
- Previous recruiting experience required
- One year of recruiting Christian staff strongly preferred
- Ability to discern spiritual maturity in others
- General knowledge of labor laws including anti-discrimination, American’s with Disability Act, and other laws surrounding hiring practices.
- Pleasant customer service spirit
- Experienced interviewer
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Benefits & Compensation SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Human Resources DirectorAspen Group
- Frankfort, Illinois
- September 7
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...