The Development Officer shall be responsible for introducing new donors to Cityteam and to secure major donor gifts to support operations for all ministry areas, with a primary focus on Chester based Ministries. He or she will work cooperatively with the
City Director (or designee) and Program Staff.
- Secure major gifts from donors in cash and pledges through a program of personal direct solicitation, developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals as set by supervisor.
- Participate in major donor events as needed.
- Work with supervisor and program staff to develop the most effective donor development strategies for each major donor.
- Mentor/Coach program staff to develop donor strategies that maximize their donor’s giving potential.
- Work with the Planned Giving staff to identify giving prospects and ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
- Submit reports of development activities as required.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc., as requested by supervisor.
- Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Work with the City Director, board, staff and others to increase revenue from events, individuals, and groups.
- Assist with cultivating and nurturing relationships with current and potential individuals, corporations, and foundation donors.
Record Keeping and Data Management
- Maintain accurate records of contributions and information about donors and prospects.
- Generate regular reports of development activities to evaluate progress and inform decision-making.
- Work with program staff to identify stories and other information that will make a compelling case for investment in Cityteam Ministries.
- Prepare and disseminate periodic updates to keep donors informed of the work their gifts support.
- Contact donors and speak on behalf of Cityteam.
- Manage and coordinate special events, including the Turner Golf Outing, Angel Luncheon & Silent Auction, and House Party Fundraisers.
- Participate in the staff performance evaluation process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers living out the Sh’mah (hearing and obeying the Word of God).
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must have the ability to lead and keep others organized and on task.
- Must have proven ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors and funders.
- Minimum two years experience working in a development department in a nonprofit organization required.
- Fundraising or outside sales highly preferred.
- Must be goal oriented and able to successfully achieve established goals.
10. Needs to be people oriented, a good listener, and sensitive to donors needs.
11. Must be committed to personal stewardship.
12. Must have a strong commitment to teaching donors stewardship.
13. BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
14. Willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.
15. Strong computer skills, including experience with Salesforce and or other related fundraising software preferable.