MANAGEMENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
MIDDLE EAST MINISTRY FUNDER
TITLE: Portfolio Consultant
Our organization is a value-added funder of high-impact Christian ministries engaged in evangelism, discipleship, and church planting across the Greater Middle East. Our mission is to mobilize people, prayer, and finances into partnership with churches and key ministries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Arabian Peninsula.
Using a proven model built on strategy, relationships, and due diligence, the organization is uniquely positioned to serve both donors and ministries in this complex and difficult region – enabling high capacity donors to give wisely, and helping indigenous ministries maximize impact.
The Portfolio Consultant (PC) is responsible for creating and executing high-impact investment strategies that facilitate wise stewardship and increased ministry effectiveness. The PC provides comprehensive oversight of a “Strategic Ministry Fund,” a collection of “kingdom investments” (financial donations) in Ministry Partners and Projects that complement each other to achieve a strategy of maximum impact for that fund.
In essence, the ideal Portfolio Consultant is a business analyst/expert with theological depth: one who is able to recognize and discern both the godliness of ministries and the effectiveness of their work, in order to help the organization invest kingdom resources in the wisest and most God-glorifying ways possible.
Through strategic thinking, relationship building, and due diligence, the PC identifies, evaluates, and recommends Ministry Partners and Projects that align with and contribute to a high-impact strategy for each Fund. The PC also establishes and consults Fund Advisory Teams, leads Ministry Assessment Trips into the region, and faithfully reports on the performance of each Ministry Fund.
- Thorough understanding of biblical theology, missiology, and ecclesiology
- Proven business and/or analysis experience and expertise
- Strong ability to build strategic relationships with key leaders
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness and ability to travel into the region
- Insatiable desire to see the 'earth filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord' and to see disciples made among the hard-to-reach peoples of the region
- Kingdom First mindset, strong work ethic, deep dependence upon the Lord
- Fulfillment of the qualifications of deacon (1 Tim 3:8-13), without regard to gender
- Agreement with the Lausanne Covenant
- Relevant language skills – Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, French
- Previous or current experience living or working in the region
- Strong technology/computer skills, including Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Expertise in areas of strategic planning, project management, and/or grant writing
The Portfolio Consultant is called to:
- Manage the overall health of each assigned Ministry Fund in accordance with the approved investment Strategy
- Develop a Fund Strategy that aligns with the organization's Strategy Assumptions and Operating Policies, and identify Ministry Partners and Projects that align with the Fund Strategy
- Develop and update the Prospectus for each assigned Fund
- Review and analyze available research, surveys, white papers, maps, trends and events, and recommend changes to Fund Strategy and tactics
- Identify, build and maintain professional relationships with key ministry leaders and emerging leaders related to each assigned Fund
- Establish and lead Ministry Fund Teams that participate in the assessment, review, and development of each Fund’s Strategy, Ministry Partners, and Projects
- Identify, qualify, and perform defined due diligence on Prospective Ministry Partners and Pipeline Projects in accordance with existing policy and procedures
- Perform rigorous evaluation of MPs and Projects to ensure alignment with and contribution to Fund Strategy, substantial completion of project outcomes, and fulfillment of MOUs and reporting requirements
- Conduct in-region Ministry Assessment Trips (MATs), typically 1-3 per year per Fund
- Attend several annual Ministry Partner meetings/events, both domestic and in-region
Location: Virtual Organization (work from home with occasional travel as needed)
Schedule/Hours: Part-Time Consultant (independent contractor rather than direct employee)
Compensation: Variable according to experience/expertise and number of funds managed
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Modesto, California
- September 22
Executive PastorLiving Way Community Church of LA
- Los Angeles, California
- September 13
New Life Christian Church - Chief Operations OfficerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Chantilly, Virginia
- September 6
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- August 29
- Lake Elsinore, California
- August 28