Accounting Supervisor & Administrative Coordinator
September 8, 2014
The Anglican Church in North America provincial office in Ambridge, PA is seeking a full-time salaried staff member whose time will be split 80/20 between duties as Accounting Supervisor and work as Administrative Coordinator for the COO. This job has full
medical, vacation and retirement benefits.
The preferred candidate will hold a B.S. in Accounting and have experience in Non-Profit Accounting. The Accounting Supervisor will oversee and perform the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliation and Filing functions, with the assistance of
a Half-Time Clerk. He/She will also work closely with the Controller, assisting with Journal Entries, Payroll, Monthly Reports, Taxes, Audit Preparation, Vendor Reviews and Best Practices. As part-time Administrative Coordinator, this position will also
enhance the effectiveness of the Canon to the Archbishop/Chief Operating Officer by managing his communications, schedules and providing other administrative support.
- A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of working for Christ’s Church.
- B.S. in Accounting and experience with financial processing, general ledger, and audit preparation in a Non-Profit organization.
- A person who is highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to be precise.
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to effectively delegate.
- Someone who uses good judgment within defined parameters.
- A person who is teachable and a team player.
- Effective customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the ability to learn new Computer software. Proficiency with ACS Accounting Software a plus.
- A desire for long-term employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees/performs all accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation and filing functions.
- Supervises the work of the Accounting Clerk and provides appropriate authorizations.
- Processes payroll and maintains payroll records.
- Assists Controller with journal entries, payroll, reports, taxes, audit, and special projects.
- Performs regular reviews and maintenance of vendor accounts.
- Researches and implements software tools. Follows internal controls.
- Performs excellent customer service with internal and external constituents.
- Assists with maintaining the Canon/COO’s calendar and correspondence on a regular basis.
- Creates and maintains meticulous record keeping and filing for the Canon/COO’s office.
Please email resume with cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to: ACNA Controller, PO Box 447, Ambridge, PA 15003-0447. No phone calls please.