Accounting Supervisor & Administrative Coordinator
September 8, 2014
The Anglican Church in North America provincial office in Ambridge, PA is seeking a full-time salaried staff member whose time will be split 80/20 between duties as Accounting Supervisor and work as Administrative Coordinator for the COO. This job has full medical, vacation and retirement benefits.
The preferred candidate will hold a B.S. in Accounting and have experience in Non-Profit Accounting. The Accounting Supervisor will oversee and perform the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliation and Filing functions, with the assistance of a Half-Time Clerk. He/She will also work closely with the Controller, assisting with Journal Entries, Payroll, Monthly Reports, Taxes, Audit Preparation, Vendor Reviews and Best Practices. As part-time Administrative Coordinator, this position will also enhance the effectiveness of the Canon to the Archbishop/Chief Operating Officer by managing his communications, schedules and providing other administrative support.
- A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of working for Christ’s Church.
- B.S. in Accounting and experience with financial processing, general ledger, and audit preparation in a Non-Profit organization.
- A person who is highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to be precise.
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to effectively delegate.
- Someone who uses good judgment within defined parameters.
- A person who is teachable and a team player.
- Effective customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the ability to learn new Computer software. Proficiency with ACS Accounting Software a plus.
- A desire for long-term employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees/performs all accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation and filing functions.
- Supervises the work of the Accounting Clerk and provides appropriate authorizations.
- Processes payroll and maintains payroll records.
- Assists Controller with journal entries, payroll, reports, taxes, audit, and special projects.
- Performs regular reviews and maintenance of vendor accounts.
- Researches and implements software tools. Follows internal controls.
- Performs excellent customer service with internal and external constituents.
- Assists with maintaining the Canon/COO’s calendar and correspondence on a regular basis.
- Creates and maintains meticulous record keeping and filing for the Canon/COO’s office.
Please email resume with cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: ACNA Controller, PO Box 447, Ambridge, PA 15003-0447. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Anglican Church in North America
The Anglican Church in North America unites some 100,000 Anglicans in nearly 1,000 congregations across the United States and Canada into a single Church. It is an emerging Province in the global Anglican Communion. The Most Rev. Dr. Foley Beach is the Archbishop of the Church and Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of the South. The Anglican Church in North America was initiated at the request of the Global Anglican Future Conference (GAFCON) in June 2008 and formally recognized by the GAFCON Primates – leaders of Anglican Churches representing More...