The Director, Marketing and Public Relations, is responsible for external communications, public relations, public information, and publications. This includes marketing the GNC and other CEF brands, ensuring that the Child Evangelism Fellowship and Good
News Club brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the CEF’s strategic vision. Develop, implement, and maintain the CEF Strategic Marketing and Public Relations Plan, with a special emphasis on USA Ministries.
- Compose, develop and prepare for the dissemination of speeches, correspondence, talking points, announcements, and other oral and written communications for CEF leadership. Confer with the Vice President, USA Ministries in response to public relations needs.
- Refine core messaging to ensure consistency in all aspects of CEF’s public communication.
- Collaborate with CEF leadership to develop advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
- Provide counsel regarding communication, public relations, and marketing issues--current and future, which impact CEF.
- Determine the need for general ministry and specific program marketing; create and initiate marketing and promotional campaigns to meet these needs.
- Establish and maintain external communication networks for CEF.
- Advocate on behalf of the CEF with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
- Work with media outlets to publish timely ministry information, such as press releases, promotional brochures, and other materials. Develop press kit(s) as needed for general CEF ministry and specific programs for distribution to members of the media for
- Act as a ministry spokesperson to news media.
- Implement web-based and social media strategies for CEF’s ministries, including Good News Clubs.
- Perform social media community management duties.
- Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Publish articles, videos and photography on CEF websites and blogs. Write, edit and revise content as necessary.
- Obtain proficient knowledge of policies, goals and objectives of CEF operations, programs and activities.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Vice President, USA Ministries.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in directing public relations or marketing programs.
- A working knowledge of print and digital media, ability to write and speak effectively, ability to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people, and have the knowledge of and commitment to the mission of CEF.