Title: Associate Director
Reports to: Property Director
Job Classification: Exempt Status
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Associate Director’s role will often times call for innovative and creative solutions to complex problems that rarely have one right answer. This role is seen as a partner in ministry along with the director to see the mission of Crossings be lived out on the property. This will be a full time position with appropriate benefits and housing. This position will be salaried and hours will be determined by the season of the year.
Gospel displayed as:
- Commit to a daily walk with Christ that includes reading his word, praying and regular fellowship with believers.
- Commit to a consistent attendance in a local body of believers.
- Commit to regularly sharing your faith.
Relationships displayed as:
- Commit to seeking out opportunities to build relationships with our staff.
- Commit to resolving conflict in a way that honors Christ and His word.
- Commit to seeking out opportunities to build relationships with our guests prior to their arrival and while on property.
Excellence displayed as:
- Commit to seeking to do everything that we do as unto the Lord.
- Commit to help hold accountable each person on our staff to this same level of excellence.
Key areas of responsibility
- Represent Crossings to all types of customers (leaders, parents, students) and be determined to proclaim the cause, missions and values of Crossings.
- Adapt and provide creative solutions to organizational and operational changes that are fast paced within an ever changing environment while withholding a high standard of excellence and compassion.
- In the absence of the Director, lead in the daily operations of every area of the camp, including: Food Service, Facilities, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Recreation, Guest Relations, etc.
- Support the Camp Director in successfully maintaining budget items and expenses, presenting a unified front for other duties that may be assigned and developing future improvement plans for all facilities and grounds.
- Direct oversight of all areas of Food Service, including: Working with vendors to prepare menus, Hiring Staff to prepare food, preparing and monitoring a budget for all food related costs, necessary inspections for food service etc.
- Creatively design and coordinate projects utilizing volunteers, mission groups or even full time staff to accomplish needed tasks. No one person can outperform a well-planned and well-executed task accomplished by a team of appropriate volunteers or staff.
- Critically think through issues of the overall camp goals and multitask while making decisions in multiple areas of camp. Learn to see the effects of every decision in all areas of Crossings ie. Jonathan Creek, Central Office, Cedarmore and beyond.
Core competencies required
- Knowledge and passion for Crossings vision, mission, tradition and customs.
- Ability to execute all duties in the complete absence of the Camp Director.
- Strong leadership experience within communities and departmental activities.
- Excellent public speaking and salesmanship; ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both children and parents.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, demonstrate patience and driving when needed, along with a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop and manage projects and team members, to effectively accomplish a goal and exceed expectations.
- Willingness to take on any necessary roles and responsibilities to accomplish a task.
- Someone who is highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter.
- Confident in conflict management and the ability to find a resolution to difficulties.
- Highly proficient with standard office software such as MS Office Suite Products.
- Preparedness and willingness to live on-site all year round with immediate family.
- Our guests make significant spiritual decisions while at camp ie. Salvation, Call to Ministry etc.
- You seek to maintain relationships both with those that you work with and those that you serve.
- These are measured in a yearly 360 degree evaluation and then on a weekly basis through retreat and camp evaluations.
- You seek to maintain excellence in your work. This is measured through the timely, error free completion of your work.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Personal AssistantFamily First Life Tri-State
- West Orange, New Jersey
- October 25
Cafe WorkerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 14
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Crossings is a group-based camp ministry that is first and foremost about proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ. Crossings has seen consistent double digit percentage growth each year and has seen 1000s of students decide to trust Jesus as Lord of their lives and commit to full-time vocational ministry. This growth demands a disciplined environment of continual innovation and seeking after a standard of excellence that is constantly elevated. Ultimately, we seek to be the very best group based camp ministry in the world, not so that we can More...