SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary is a Bible College that equips indigenous leaders from America’s urban communities by offering an affordable theological education combining academic instruction with practical hands on ministry and personal mentorship.
Our mission is to empower leaders for the fivefold ministry.
All SUM faculty and staff members are expected to be committed to Jesus Christ,
to SUM’s vision, purpose and values and to affirm the SUM’s Statement of Faith, all of which can be found on the SUM’s website at www.sum.edu.
The main responsibility of the Admission Administrator is accurate review and processing of all incoming enrollment information.
Reports to: Director of Recruitment
Hire Date: Immediately (Aug 2014)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process applications of incoming students ensuring that each applicant has complied with all requirements.
- Enter data of applicants onto Google Spreadsheet and ensure that the same data is entered onto ABHE (a Student Information System database).
- Collaborate and work closely with the office registrar to ensure that accurate data are entered onto ABHE.
- Schedule applicants for admission interviews.
- Notify students as to the status (e.g., acceptance or denial) of their application within 5 working days after receipt of application documents.
- Communicate with both the applicant and the personnel conducting the date, time, location and manner (e.g., virtual, face to face etc.) of the interview.
- Orient prospective students concerning the program they are joining. Give them a tour of the college campus, when applicable.
- Serves as a resource for students, and cohort advisers seeking answers to inquiries relating to enrollment and admission into any of SUM academic programs.
- Research and accurately process any necessary retroactive adjustments in the system (e.g., ABHE and Google Drive).
- Ensure that all written correspondence is accurate and professionally presented. Direct supervisors are to be copy furnished in all official correspondence.
- Work in collaboration with other recruitment personnel in setting up of booths and implementing other programs for marketing and recruitment purposes.
- Collaborate with both administrative and academic departments (e.g., Student Ministry, Student Life, Academic Department etc.) in scheduling personnel to do admission interviews.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid Officer in keeping track of applicants who need to complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and VFAO (Virtual Financial Aid Office).
- Follow up students who have not completed FAFSA and VFAO application process and ensure they comply with financial aid application process.
- Recommends solutions to address identified challenge in her/his area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties and tasks that may be added from time to time.
- B.A. degree. (Minimum)
- Preferably Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive products and ability to learn other software programs.
- Ability to articulate clearly and effectively.
- Superior communication (written, oral and listening) skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Resourcefulness and initiative.
- Ability to work and function well under pressure.
- Ability to work with a team and with people from various backgrounds.