This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Human Resources Specialist
Everett, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Human Resource Specialist
Local manufacturing firm in Everett has an immediate need for a Human Resource Specialist. We are a growing design and manufacture company with great benefits, looking for a professional candidate with a friendly, positive disposition. Must be a leader, detail oriented, self-motivated, and a team player. Pay DOE
New Hire Paperwork/ Exit Interviews. Ensure all forms have been completed for new hires. Track benefits eligibility period
Payroll Processing thru Paychex. This will require reviewing and updating timesheets and submitting payroll
Act as a resource to Managers as it relates to Employee Relations issues, including discipline, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations
Act as a resource to all employees as it relates to issues of employment
Develop, update and implement company policy as it relates to the Human Resources arena. Enforce and coach on Human Resources policies & procedures.
Work with CFO to negotiate employee benefit renewal and act as main contact for brokers
Coordinate benefit communications and programs
Assist with and participate in Succession planning for all departments
Finalize and update handbook every 18-24 months
Act as primary HR contact in Management meetings
Attend HR courses and seminars when able
- Must have a bachelors degree in related field or equivalence in work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi task and deal with complex issues
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Canadian employment law(s)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, web-based programs/internet experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple objects and meet deadlines utilizing strong organizational skills
- Self motivated and creative problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
This position is new to the company and will require a highly organized individual who is self motivated and experienced as a Human Resource specialist that can work with little direction. We are a family friendly company looking for an HR Specialist who is excited to be in a "start-up" enviornment. To be successful in this position this person needs to have a lot of energy and a great attitude!
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 425-491-8200 attn: Melissa Lamonte. Please specify that you are applying for the Human Resource Specialist position.