This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Food Services Director
Red Rock Bible Camp
GA, Georgia, Canada
Date Posted: 07/22/2008
Categories: Sports and Recreation
Job Type: Full-Time
FOOD SERVICES DIRECTOR
Responsible to: Camp Director and Camp Manager/Program Director
1. Be a servant leader. Lead by example and encourage the kitchen staff in their spiritual walk with Christ by your words and actions.
2. Participate with the other directors as part of a unified, servant leadership team to: a. serve the campers and guest who attend Red Rock Bible camp
b. disciple and build up the other year round and seasonal staff.
c. reach out to the local community as ambassadors of Christ.
e. enhance and enthusiastically participate in the community life of the full time, on site staff.
3. Encourage a wholesome atmosphere and cultivate pleasant working relationships with all staff.
4. Manage all kitchen staff. Assign duties to head cook (year round), assistant cook (spring and summer only), and all kitchen helpers year round. Orient all kitchen staff in regards to use of equipment, schedules, policies and regulations.
5. Plan and oversee all food services in keeping with the program requirements of rental groups, work crews, Red Rock retreats and summer camp.
6. Develop and administer all kitchen and dining hall procedures in keeping with the Health Department, Manitoba Camping Association and Red Rock Bible Camp policies and regulations.
7. Plan all menus in accordance with the Canada Food Guide and Red Rock Policies, and prepare meals in accordance with public health regulations.
8. Ensure proper diets for persons with food allergies and special food requirements.
9. Place all grocery orders. When orders are not delivered by suppliers, co-ordinate pick up with the Maintenance Director.
10. Check all orders carefully upon arrival and verify invoices.
11. Insure proper storage of all groceries and care for all kitchen equipment (including freezers and cooler) and utensils, so that breakages, losses or spoilage are kept to a minimum. All repairs that need to be made should be brought in writing to the attention of the Maintenance Director.
12. Take periodic stock of equipment, utensils, dishes, cutlery etc. and report needs and maintenance requirements to the Director.
13. Assist with other duties as assigned.
Must live on site. Housing and partial board provided.