In order to be considered, applicants must apply by copying and pasting the following link into the web browser: http://www.tfaforms.com/327910.
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Adult Education and Employment
The Union Gospel Mission is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives!
The Union Gospel Mission's Education and Employment Programs (LifeNet, WorkNet, SuccessNet, Our Daily Bread Training Program, and UGM client internships) exist to instill the hope and skills necessary for individuals to move toward the potential for which
they were created. Our desire is to see our clients grow academically, socially, and spiritually.
This position is responsible to implement integrated learning programs for adult (male and female) students utilizing the Innovative Learning Systems curriculum in conjunction with outside resources when needed. Will assess, evaluate, instruct, monitor,
counsel, and manage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with students to develop academic and workplace skills
- Assess and evaluate student abilities and performance
- Monitor student activities and track student progress, maintaining appropriate records
- Work with students in a supportive, loving, effective manner
- Implement and uphold policies and procedures of the learning center and Union Gospel Mission; maintain classroom discipline
- Provide Christ-centered spiritual leadership for students, co-workers, and volunteers - be an example
- Be a team player and work well with other UGM staff
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and workshops as required
- Work effectively with volunteers, ensuring they are well-trained for their work in the learning centers, that they are treated with respect and dignity, and that their time is used wisely
- Be a good steward of resources, managing to achieve excellence of performance, efficiency of operations, and joy in God’s service to others
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will have a BA or higher or 2-5 years of experience related to the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mature and committed Christian. Able to support the Union Gospel Mission’s Statement of Christian Faith; willing to share faith and knowledge with staff and clients
- Experience and/or training in adult education and learning-based concepts and procedures
- Positive mental attitude, flexibility, and proficiency in interpersonal communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders in a one-on-one, group, and public settings
- Able to plan, organize, and coordinate
- Strong judgment and understanding of personal and professional boundaries
- Able to work closely and cooperatively with UGM employees
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such, employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct, and adhere to the Mission’s employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by
the organization. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.