This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Jericho Road Ministries
Buffalo, New York, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
JERICHO ROAD MINISTRIES (JRM)
The Executive Director position requires a dynamic and visionary leader who embraces the holistic mission of JRM as it seeks to strengthen the character and relationships of individuals and families through attention to health, wellness, education and spirituality based on mutual respect, understanding and trust. The Executive Director will provide direction, reinforce program infrastructure, build capacity, ensure long-term sustainability and seek to grow and expand the ministrys effectiveness.
1. A vibrant, Spirit-filled personal relationship with God that expresses the love of Jesus in practical ways.
2. A heart for serving the poor in Buffalo and a personal commitment to the mission of JRM and those it serves.
3. A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which JRMs mission can be fulfilled.
4. Must be a strong leader.
5. Interpersonal skills that reflect a proven ability to effectively interact with a diverse population (JRM Board & staff, clientele, community, donors - individual & organizations, volunteers) and build bridges with other organizations serving in Buffalo.
6. A faith-filled, upbeat perspective on life; an enthusiastic, industrious attitude toward work; flexibility, resourcefulness, creativity and energy to respond positively to a changing and growing environment.
7. Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate the mission to various audiences.
8. Strong personal discipline and organizational skills.
9. Experience and skill in leading people: recruiting, hiring, training, organizing and overseeing the work of paid staff and volunteers in a manner that motivates and encourages performance.
1. Program Delivery
a. Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery, quality and enhancement opportunities of programs. (See attached list of current ministry programs.)
b. Oversees & supports staff and volunteers implementing programming.
c. Provides hands-on assistance in implementing programs as needed.
d. Ensures appropriate metrics are maintained to meet grant requirements.
e. Searches for new program opportunities to present to the Board and implements Board ideas for new programs.
2. Financial Management
a. Oversees the maintenance of accurate record keeping and reporting for all financial matters.
b. Develops JRM budget.
c. Develops and maintains solid financial practices.
d. Ensures fiscal stability (short and long term).
e. Responsible for cash control (cash inflow and outflow) and careful expenditure of funds.
f. Maintains accountability for grants and donor gifts.
g. Insures proper financial management and integrity.
3. Human Resource Management
a. Responsible to hire, fire, train and develop staff.
b. Conduct performance evaluations and provide on-going informal performance feedback.
c. Motivates staff to use and enhance their talents.
d. Wisdom to recognize the skills and gifts of staff and Board members and tap into and utilize them.
e. Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and training of volunteers.
f. Implements policies, procedures and record-keeping in accordance with current laws and regulations.
4. Board Administration & Support
a. Work closely with the Board to formulate the strategic vision and plans for JRM as well as tactical components of the plan.
b. Provide Board with pertinent and adequate information to help it reach sound decisions and formulate appropriate policies.
c. Regularly report to the Board with respect to issues of concern and organizational goals.
a. Strengthen and expand base of financial support from individuals, organizations, churches and grants.
b. Responsible and comfortable with asking for monetary donations.
6. Community / Public Relations
a. Serves as the spokesperson for JRM with supporters, organizations, media and the Western New York community.
b. Present a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
c. Collaborate with other ministries / agencies serving the Westside of Buffalo.
d. Prepare written materials that inform and stimulate others to be involved in the ministry.
7. Facilities Management (desired)
a. Coordinate with building committee on renovation and repairs.
b. Supervise maintenance and repair of physical properties.
c. Manage general upkeep of the facility.
d. Maintain renters agreements and collect rent.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. B.A. or equivalent ministry experience.
2. Experience in managing finances and personnel.
3. Significant interaction with the not-for-profit sector, diverse populations (preferably refugees), and community development.
4. Experience relative to organizational administration, large-scale fundraising, volunteer coordination (mobilizing & directing), and property management experience (a plus).
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), QuickBooks and Internet savvy.
Jericho Road Ministries Board of Directors
This is a 40+ hour per week position that requires evenings and/or weekends and a potentially unpredictable schedule. The physical demands of the position require someone who has the strength to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., the vision to read printed materials / computer screens, hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone, and the ability to climb stairs.
Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
This job description is not an employment contract and employment is at-will. The Board of Directors reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.