SUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
SUM is a private, coeducational, Bible College & Theological Seminary connected with its Pentecostal/Charismatic Christian community. This movement generates a multi-cultural, multi-racial, and gender-inclusive fellowship empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Evangelism, peacemaking, and reconciliation mark this fellowship. SUM is committed to reaching out to all people with the Gospel, and building cultural diversity, racial reconciliation, and gender equality.
SUM is searching for a Christian college instructor to teach English Composition at the Bachelor’s Level.
Applicants can expect:
- $1800 salary per course
- Two 2-hrs lectures per week
- To teach on our main campus in Oakland, CA
- The whole course and program will be conducted in the Spanish language
The ideal candidate:
- Commits to strong Christian values
- Embraces charismatic gifts and the moving of the Holy Spirit
- Is open to Pentecostal / Renewal theology
- Writes and speaks fluently in Spanish, and is proficient in speaking and writing in English
- Holds a Master’s degree related to Biblical Studies, Theology, and/or General Education from an accredited educational institution
- Has fulfilled at least 18 credit hours in the specified field of expertise
- Has diverse and effective teaching experience (at least 2 years)
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills
- Has proficiency in working with technology
- Is eager to mentor students by example and purposeful living
Applicants should send in a:
- Signed agreement to SUM’s Statement of Faith
- Cover Letter
- Resume mentioning Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
More information can be found on the https://sum.edu/adjunct-hiring-process.