This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministries Pastor
Emmanuel Bible Fellowship-Olympia WA
Olympia, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 08/12/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Vibrant, family centered church in Olympia, Washington seeks experienced team player to fill the role of Pastor of Family Ministries. This uniquely gifted individual will be a true oversight pastor: equipping multiple leaders to do the work of the ministry and encouraging the family as we fulfill our vision of "equipping the family to impact the home, the community, and the world." Experience in the coordination of multiple ministries, delegation of tasks and parenting education are a must, as is a specific vision and calling to build a cohesive ministry to families.
The Pastor of Family Ministries will be directly responsible to the Executive Pastor. He will join the Senior Pastor and Pastor of Student Ministries in a four pastor church. The main duty will be oversight of lay ministry leaders already in place in several ministries including but not limited to: childrens ministries (Sunday School, Awana, Kids Choir, Nursery), mens ministry, womens ministry, marriage ministry and small groups of varying sizes and natures. Emmanuel also has a strong desire to see a parenting education ministry developed.
Emmanuel Bible Fellowship is an independent, nondenominational church in a suburban setting. The average weekly attendance on a Sunday morning is 500. Our leadership is committed to life-changing expository preaching, Christ-exalting contemporary worship and Spirit-centered friendships.
* Must exhibit a life that reflects the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
* Must be a team player
* Must have experience in recruiting and equipping others to do the ministry and possess a proven track record in delegation and discipleship along the way
* Must exhibit a people-oriented, positive attitude toward life and ministry
* Must have proven administrative and organizational skills
* Must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills
* Must be able to handle confidential information with grace and tact
* Must present a professional image that reflects well on the reputation of the church
* Must have the ability to work in a multi-task environment
* Must have a proven track record of supporting and protecting leadership publicly and privately
* Must have experience in a ministry or field similar to Family Ministries
* Must have a passion and vision for Family Ministry, and sense a clear calling from the Lord to this specific ministry
* Experience in premarital/marital counseling, marriage enrichment ministry and parenting education ministry preferred
We will gladly accept resumes via email to email@example.com
Along with your resume, please send a cover letter (email body or attachment) addressing the following questions:
What has led you to seek the position of Pastor of Family Ministries at Emmanuel? (i.e., What has led you to leave your current position? What attracts you to a Family Ministries position? What uniquely qualifies you to fill such a role? If Pastor of Family Ministries is not the current position you hold, why do you want to make this move?)
Please tell us about your own family, and how your experiences have led you to seek a position as Pastor of Family Ministries.
Please express your vision for Family Ministries in the local church. How do you foresee your implementation of this vision?