Reporting to the President, the After School Program Director is responsible for all academic programming at KidWorks. This includes creation and management of curriculum, direct management of a team of approximately 10-12 individuals, program evaluation,
and general management of after-school programs for K-12 students.
- Create/Develop/select curriculum and/or programs (often working with strategic partners) for after-school programs for K-12 and parent education.
- Ensure that all curriculum leads to desired outcomes established by KidWorks.
- General management, administration and direction of all KidWorks’ programs and program staff. Programs include:
- 48 student state-funded preschool
- K-12 after school program for approx. 270 students
- Parent Education
- Student Mentoring
- Summer Programs
- CollegeWorks (College retention program for 9 recent HS grads)
- Continually evaluate all KidWorks programs for both internal and external purposes
- Create systems for internal evaluation, including tracking tools, surveys, etc
- Work with third party evaluators when required
- Grant reporting as required
- Lead, develop and motivate staff to accomplish KidWorks desired outcomes
- Work closely with at least one Board of Directors committee, report to board committees or the full board of directors as required
- Work closely with Senior Management Team, assisting with the overall management of the organization as a whole
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
Superior Interpersonal Skills
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Computer Literacy – Knowledge in MS Office
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working as a youth educator, with at least two years of administration/management experience