To apply please visit the Opportunity Profile on the The Dingman Company website:
Phoenix Seminary is a nationally-recognized, graduate theological seminary located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. This centralized metropolitan location provides students with a wide range of multi-cultural and multi-generational opportunities to gain practical ministry experience. Phoenix Seminary is where hundreds of men and women have embarked upon the most important journey of their lives.
Founded in 1988, Phoenix Seminary continues to be the only professionally accredited graduate level theological seminary with its main campus located in Arizona.
Over 300 students and 600 graduates represent more than 25 evangelical denominations, 43 states and 13 countries.
The Chief Advancement Officer works closely with the President in advancing the financial foundation of the seminary. The position will play a crucial leadership role in connecting people and resources toward the fulfillment of the seminary’s vision and mission. The Chief Advancement Officer, along with the President, communicates the compelling factors for funding the seminary’s vision and mission to the public and directly initiates and strategizes with the President on the achievement of the seminary's advancement strategies and goals. This position serves under the general authority of the Board of Directors and the specific oversight of the President.
To ensure the sustainability and growth of Phoenix Seminary through funding the vision,
mission and strategy, through mobilizing the ongoing development of internal and external
awareness and relationships with the Seminary’s constituents.
Accountabilities and Supporting Responsibilities:
Serve as the point person to ensure that the Board-approved yearly gift revenue is raised.
- Design, develop and execute a comprehensive and measurable Advancement plan with appropriate strategies, goals and objectives that support the Seminary's mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Direct the process for determining, influencing and raising the operational funds required for stability and growth from all potential sources.
Oversee all Seminary fundraising initiatives.
Develop a working and trusted relationship with the Seminary President and ensure a highly
functioning Advancement subcommittee of the Board.
- As an influential force, work closely with the President and other Advancement subcommittee members and staff in implementing the Advancement plan.
- Serve as a resource leader to schedule and conduct regular subcommittee meetings.
- Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet and as an ex-officio member on the Strategic Planning Task Force.
Encourage Board members to participate in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of general donors/investors.
Initiate, grow and nurture relationships with donors for the purpose of building long-term
- Make regular personal visits with existing and potential donors.
- Plan strategic contacts and ongoing interactions for President and Advancement Team members.
- Initiate and oversee events and relationships with potential and current donors.
Supervise the maintenance and mining of the donor base, as well as lifting existing donors to higher levels.
Assume a key role in the strategic implementation of the Seminary’s vision.
- Participate in the Seminary’s visioning and strategic planning processes.
Mobilize resources in alignment with the vision and strategy to ensure a secure financial base.
Demonstrate the value of fundraising efforts and the return that is realized to the Seminary.
Communicate transparently with internal constituents by keeping them involved as Seminary ambassadors and aware of donor relations and prayer requests.
Initiate internal working relationships, in a whole-hearted team manner, with all Seminary entities. Learn of their needs, support their goals, keep them informed and obtain their cooperation in fulfillment of the Advancement objectives.
- Assemble, develop and lead a professional Advancement Team that accomplishes its goals while adhering to and modeling Seminary-wide collaboration.
- Interface and work together with other Seminary entities to share responsibilities required to fulfill the Chief Advancement Officer’s accountabilities.
As a member of the Seminary team, participate in team meetings, and work together toward advancement of the Seminary and encouragement of its individual members.
Mobilize external relationships for the purpose of advancing the Seminary, enriching the constituents and surfacing new potential donor relationships.
Build, nurture and sustain strong relationships with diverse groups and cultures with the goal of enhancing and enriching all constituents (i.e., churches, communities and alumni).
Establish, grow and sustain an endowment fund that ensures the success of long-term strategic objectives; initiate and nurture relationships with major donors toward their giving substantial gifts for the endowment fund through planned and estate giving.
Serve as a member of the seminary’s Marketing Team with the Dean of Students and the
Director of Enrollment to implement a strategic and comprehensive marketing plan.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
Education & Knowledge
- MBA, Masters in Marketing or M.A. degrees beneficial; minimum of Bachelors’ degree required (business, marketing or communications beneficial).
- CFRE or equivalent credential/certification beneficial.
- An understanding of trends in graduate level theological education unique to Seminary students.
- Knowledgeable with fundraising research methods and standards.
- Knowledgeable about wills, trusts, estate planning, foundations and the financial priorities and patterns of different generations.
- An understanding of financial concepts and analytics to provide potential donors with interpretations and explanations.
- Familiarity with current forms and emerging trends of social media and communication technologies.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of five years of experience in creating and implementing comprehensive fundraising, having raised $3-5 million annually.
- Proven record of assembling, developing and leading a professional team that accomplished its own goals while supporting the goal accomplishment of other groups.
- Have demonstrated skills or working knowledge in moves management, planned giving, alumni relations and special event planning.
- Adept at managing and presenting in one-on-one, small and large group interactive sessions with donors and potential donors.
- Able to develop and track revenue and gift outcome metrics.
- Proficient in the use of software programs and technology for written communication and group presentations as well as with database management systems for donor records and reports.
- Experience working effectively with Executive level roles and Boards of Directors.
- Professional level writing and editing skills.
- Possess political skills and discretion in the handling of financial instruments in discussions/planning with potential donors.
- Ability to prioritize, perform and monitor own work and then integrate one’s own efforts with those of others.
- Experience working with foundations and grant proposals.
***Do not apply through christianjobs.com***
View the Opportunity Profile at:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development OfficerDream Centers of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- December 5
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
The Dingman Company
The Dingman Company is a retained executive recruiting firm, helping its clients hire exceptional leaders by providing unique wisdom and service in all aspects of the search and selection process. We deliver the highest ethical professionalism, take our client’s success personally, and provide the quality results they require. More...