This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Programs Director
The Salvation Army-Renton WA
renton, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/04/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
THE SALVATION ARMY
YOUTH PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
SUMMARY: Responsible directly to the Renton Salvation Army Corps Officers. He/She shall work in close cooperation with the Corps Officers and other ministry staff, in fulfilling clerical support and in developing and promoting Salvation Army programs. He/She shall assist the Corps Officers in corps growth and outreach.
The position requires that the employee be able to share Jesus Christ with others. This person must be able to promote team ministry and be willing to work with others to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Renton Salvation Army programs.
Prior experience working with church program ministries is a must. Possesses leadership capabilities. The individual must be able to demonstrate strong Christian values in their approach to work and service within The Army.
This position requires that the employee be at least 21 years old and possess a valid drivers license. He/She must take The Salvation Armys Driver Safety test and attend instruction of the Child Safety Program.
It is expected that the person will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics in relation to their assigned duties: creativity, self-motivation, responsibility, accountability, flexibility, strong leadership, good people skills and a level of high integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Support the Corps Officers in clerical support with correspondence, record keeping, filing and attendance at meetings related to programs of responsibility.
2. Be responsible for statistical reporting, monitoring and evaluating of all program activities per areas of responsibility.
3. Organize and keep Corps Roll Books, mailing lists and records up-to-date.
4. Attend Ministerial Staff Meetings as scheduled.
5. Provide support, encouragement and leadership training to lay leaders.
6. To plan for growth and spiritual development with Salvation Army programming for all participants.
7. Work with the ministry staff, the Sunday School Superintendent, teachers and other lay leaders to promote growth of the Sunday School program.
8. Bible Studies: Work in cooperation with the Corps Officers and other ministry staff to promote small group Bible Studies.
9. Provide leadership and oversight for teen programming on Friday evenings, and young adult programs.
10. Organize and schedule leadership for nursery and Junior Church.
11. Organize and recruit drivers for pick-up routes as needed for corps programming.
12. Provide support to the Corps Officers and staff in various administrative programs as assigned which may include any of the following programs: Disaster Services, Food Bank, Camp Arnold and Seasonal Outreach and fund-raising.
13. Be actively involved in building and strengthening relationships with clients in the Social Services programs, Food Bank, and Corps.
14. Involvement with Food Bank Staff in developing plan to building relationships with clients and their children, and to promote corps programs.
15. Help to promote healthy stewardship for the facilities, the people and in corps giving.
16. Be available for any duties as assigned by the Officers.
This is not a complete and all encompassing description of the role of the Youth Programs Director. That role will evolve as circumstances in the Corps change and grow. The intention of this job description is to indicate the breadth and importance of the position in furthering the mission of The Salvation Army in Renton, Washington.
The Salvation Army has a dress code. This will be shared with you at the time of employment.
The Western Territory Handbook for employees will be your guide to personnel practices and procedures. If you have any questions, please speak to the Office Manager.
The employee will be loyal to The Salvation Army and its leaders. The employee must also support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army, international movement, is an evangelical part of the Universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His Name without discrimination.
PRIORITY OBJECTIVES OF THIS POSTION
Recruit & train at least six adult leaders for youth group, as well as train
the leaders to raise up leaders from within the group.
Grow youth group attendance 20% (percent) within the next year.
Recruit & train a youth Sunday school superintendent to organize,
supply, train and establish Sunday school leaders and classes.
The Salvation Army is an international, religious and charitable movement - a branch of the Christian church - showing its love to God and concern for the needs of humanity through a variety of spiritual and social services. The purpose of all its programs is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, disseminate Christian truths, supply basic human necessities, provide personal counseling and ultimately to accomplish the spiritual regeneration of all persons. I understand that as an employee I represent The Salvation Army and agree to respect and work within its Christian tenets.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE COVERED BY Workers Compensation Insurance while on the job (if applicable) and agree to cooperate in properly reporting all work-related injuries or accidents. I further understand that The Salvation Army does not participate in unemployment compensation insurance and I will not accrue unemployment benefits while working for The Salvation Army (if applicable).
Is there anything that would keep you from meeting the job duties as outlined?
Circle one: Yes No