Christian Adoption Services, Inc. in Matthews, NC. seeks an Executive Director to replace the founding Director. The position directs the day to day operations of the agency in order to achieve its mission, purpose, and strategic goals.
Founded 35 years ago, Christian Adoption Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit, North Carolina licensed, Hague accredited adoption agency that has a vision to bring more children to Christ’s love in families through its domestic and inter-country adoptions.
The agency provides pre- and post-adoptive counseling to birth and adoptive families and licenses several foster homes. We are searching for an experienced and talented leader who desires to make a difference by providing children the opportunity of having
a loving, Christ-centered adoptive family.
- Operational Leadership: Evaluate the core services of the agency. Assist in developing and implementing a strategic plan to advance the mission of the agency. Oversee internal controls to ensure agency is in compliance with its policies
and procedures, licensing, COA, Hague Convention, and IRS regulations, and has all appropriate risk management practices. Responsible for maintaining relationships with partner agencies, including exempt or supervised providers.
- Financial Leadership: Take an active leadership role to solicit funds from donors and manage donor relationships. Oversee the development of the annual budget and maintain financial accountability.
- Program Oversight: Develop, evaluate, and maintain domestic and inter-country placement programs.
- Staff and Organizational Development: Design effective organizational structure for the agency staff positions. Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and motivate talented and effective staff. Address individual performance issues in a timely,
effective manner. Ensure a high level of teamwork and communication among staff.
- Board Development and Support: Provide support to the Board by assisting Board Chair with meeting preparations and recruiting new board members.
- Community Presence: Develop and maintain favorable relationships with other community agencies, professional organizations, and nonprofit leaders. Create a positive public image through media contact, speaking engagements, and presence
at appropriate public and community functions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work and four years of social work or counseling experience to include adoption services, two of which were supervisory; or a bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited school, and five years
of social work or counseling experience to include adoption services, two of which were supervisory; or equivalent. Applicants who do not meet these minimum requirements cannot be considered for this position.
- In addition, the Board seeks an applicant with training, experience, and initiative in management, donor and community relations, financial leadership, strategic planning, and networking.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our generous benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, Retirement, and Vacation/Personal Leave.
- To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to