Position Title: Director, Church Outreach & Engagement
Office: Care Net, Lansdowne, VA
Department: Center Services and Client Care
Reports To: VP, Center Services and Client Care
Direct Reports: none
About Care Net
As the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America, Care Net is committed to expanding access to the life-saving services and support provided by our local affiliate centers and to reach abortion minded/vulnerable women and men with the hope of
We work to accomplish this goal by serving our network of affiliated pregnancy centers as well as operating Pregnancy Decision Line, a client focused call center.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Center Services and Client Care, the Director, Church Outreach & Engagement leads the organization’s efforts to build a network of “life affirming” churches offering hope, help, and support to those facing pregnancy
decisions in their congregations and communities. The Director, Church Outreach & Engagement will lead the creation of a portfolio of products and services that will educate and equip churches to start pregnancy care ministries within their own congregation
to effectively address the life issue. The Director, Church Outreach & Engagement will build relationships with Christian leaders and pastors to effectively communicate the purpose of the initiative, and will help build bridges between churches and Care Net
pregnancy centers in their communities in order to reach as many people as possible facing pregnancy decisions.
The Director, Church Outreach & Engagement provides project management oversight to all aspects of Care Net’s Church Initiative, including its development, budgeting, implementation, and execution.
- Creating the initial project plan to launch the initiative and then ensure the plan is followed on time and on budget.
- Building relationships with individual churches and denominations for the purpose of gaining their participation in the initiative, which involves building a network of “Life Affirming Churches” that agree to offer a Pregnancy Care Ministry within their
congregation and community.
- Building relationships with Christian leaders who can support Care Net’s messaging and vision for the initiative.
- Working with a research organization to conduct one or more research projects to provide guidance on effectively running the initiative; the ability to effectively present the research to churches and the general public is also critical.
- Creating new content (product development) for the purpose of building a set of resources for churches to anchor the initiative — a “ministry in a box”. Content will include sermon notes, Bible studies, video sessions with key pastors, training programs
for team leaders and end users, and study guides for “life advocates” (those within the churches that will carry out the work). This will include:
- Synthesizing appropriate, existing curriculum content from multiple Care Net sources to create new resources for the initiative
- Working as a liaison between Care Net and outside curriculum development firms to create new content aligned with Care Net purposes, intentions, and best practices.
- Branding and promoting the Church Initiative and its materials in consultation with the Marketing and Communication department.
- Overseeing a workshop tracks at Care Net’s Annual Conference specifically designed to offer ongoing support and training to life affirming churches with an established pregnancy care ministry, as well as those churches desiring to start a pregnancy care
ministry within their congregation. Workshops will also be designed to offer creative ways for pregnancy centers to partner with life-affirming churches.
- Speaking at church services and church-related conferences on Care Net’s Church Initiative
- Writing and submitting articles to Christian publications on the significance of addressing the life issue in urban and church communities
Other Duties as assigned
- Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Agrees with and can uphold Care Net’s Statement of Faith, Vision/Mission and Core Values.
- Possesses a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and related sexual purity issues.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of how churches function, including various governance structures.
- Has program management experience, including the use of project management software
- Is a member in good standing at a church
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams and working with an executive staff and, as necessary, a Board of Directors.
- Strong and high energy with proven leadership skills.
- Experience in product development, such as curriculum development, writing brochures and other educational materials, and related skills.
- Able to attract, retain, and motivate a high quality staff in a non-profit Christian environment.
- Polished oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Proficient in the standard use of business systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Masters degree
- Holds or has held a leadership and/or ministry position in a church or parachurch ministry
- Has a solid understanding of the work of pregnancy centers
- Background in product/curriculum development
- Experience overseeing survey and other types of research projects
Please forward a cover letter and your resume to: jobs <at> care-net.org (No calls please.)
Attention: Cynthia Hopkins
Vice President, Center Services and Client Care
44180 Riverside Parkway, Suite 200
Lansdowne, VA 20176