StoneBridge Community Church
Assistant Business Manager Job Description
Assistant Business Manager. This is a part-time (25 hrs./wk.), hourly, non-exempt position.
The assistant Business Manager reports to the Business Manager and the Office Manager.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The basis for this requirement is that the person will often be the first contact that a non-member has with this congregation, whether by walking into the office or by calling on the telephone.
- Be a punctual, organized, self-directed person who will, with minimum supervision, follow a weekly/monthly schedule of activities with deadlines.
- Present a pleasant, cheerful attitude toward callers, both those in person and those on the telephone, and toward co-workers. Also, present a well-groomed appearance appropriate to the office environment.
- Have the ability to recognize information that is of a confidential nature, and the self-discipline to maintain that confidentiality.
- Have two to three years of bookkeeping, accounting and financial experience.
- Be proficient with both PC and Apple computers and related software including MS Excel, MS Word, QuickBooks, and Adobe InDesign. Experience with web based applications and graphic design.
- Ability to provide basic internet/network/computer maintenance/troubleshooting for the office is highly desirable.
- Processing accounts payable.
- Researching and resolving accounts payable issues with vendors.
- Managing bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Researching and correcting general ledger account discrepancies.
- Posting journal entries.
- Performing month-end closings.
- Preparing the trial balance and financial statements.
- Performing contributions data entry and recording deposits.
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process.
- Quarterly and annual payroll reports reconciliation.
- Preparation of biannual donor contribution statements.
- Cross-train and when necessary, perform the Office Manager duties which include but are not limited to communications and scheduling through various forms of technology.