Effective: March, 2015 or 2015-2016 School Year
SUPERINTENDENT JOB DESCRIPTION
Objective: The School Superintendent is the chief administrator of the school and is responsible for delivering a program of academic excellence, articulating a vision for future growth, developing the school, and maintaining the primacy of Christ in fulfilling the mission of Milpitas Christian Schools.
The Superintendent reports directly to The Board of Directors and serves as the chief spiritual, academic, operations, finance, and executive leader in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation of Milpitas Christian Schools (MCS). What follows is a description of the Superintendent’s primary responsibilities.
Highest Priority Responsibilities
- Ensure that MCS does not waver from the primacy of Christ in fulfilling the mission of MCS. Ensure that our mission and vision are the lens through which all decisions are made.
- Use a systematic process to evaluate and continually improve the performance of students, teachers, facilities, programs, enrollment, marketing, and the school system as a whole.
- Identify, recruit, grow and retain exceptional teachers, administrators and staff.
- Cultivate a climate of unity, care and clear communication.
- Deliver world-class Christian education through superior academic programming, school leadership, instructional culture, learning tools, fine arts, and athletics.
- Lead MCS within the community as an ambassador for our mission. Serve as the primary external liaison for MCS.
- Communicate with the MCS community- staff, teachers, parents, students, alumni, and donors. Listen and discern.
- Lead strategic planning and vision development in conjunction with the board of directors.
- Grow Milpitas Christian Schools through effective use of finances, partnerships, and programs.
- Build and grow relationships with current and future donors.
- Know the pulse of the students, parents, staff, board, donors, and each campus.
- Advise and inform the Board with clarity and wisdom.
- Build a strong Christian community in our demographic area by engaging families and churches through communication, school representation, and school service projects.
- Analyze local and global academic developments; use outcomes to improve school performance.
- Solidify Milpitas Christian as the local school of choice and a regional employer of choice.
SUPERINTENDENT JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A strong, committed Christian who lives out their faith according to a Biblical Christian worldview
- A servant leader of impeccable character and passion for Christ and His Kingdom
- Strong interpersonal skills; approachable, trustworthy, willing to listen and collaborate
- Exhibit an enthusiastic, strong work ethic that inspires teachers, students, parents, alumni and donors
- Ability to articulate vision and build partnerships
- Marketing and/or development experience
- Classroom teaching and administrative experience, K-8 preferred
- Successful professional executive or management experience
- Recognized leadership in tactical execution, motivation, strategic planning and organizational growth
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Knowledge of legal matters and risks pertinent to a Christian school
- Master’s Degree or higher in Education, Business or a related field
Download the opportunity profile from our website: milpitaschristian.org
- Home page > About Us > Employment
Search Team Chairperson: Leta Leggitt
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Milpitas Christian School
Milpitas Christian School is dedicated to a philosophy of education based upon the word of God. We are evangelistic in our ministry and seek to bring its students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to disciple them in Biblical truth and application of that truth in developing a Christian lifestyle. The academic program, while stressing basics, must provide a wide range of studies and use both traditional and modern methodology, with materials which are current and academically sound. Along with the acquisition of facts, stress will b More...