Job Title: TEACHER
Reporting Relationship: Directly to Principal
Location of Job: Assigned Classroom
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Salary: This includes housing, utilities, laundry facility & meals (when cafeteria is open) plus a monetary salary determined by certification and education.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Education
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a positive Christian role model to students, staff, and the public while employed with SVIS.
• Attend all in service training sessions, workshops, ACSI Teacher's Conventions, teachers meetings scheduled, etc.
• Provide academic and spiritual leadership to students.
• Prepare lesson plans in advance, in accordance with the Teacher's Handbook and curriculum guidelines, striving for completion of each area of study each year.
• Prepare and maintain classroom for optimal and enjoyable teaching/learning experience.
• Teach each class completely following the designated SVIS curriculum, providing tutorial assistance as directed.
• Follow Teacher Handbook, utilizing Assertive Discipline appropriately, supporting and implementing all specific regulations and instructions listed, including additional guidelines issued.
• Manage classroom behavior, giving appropriate consequences firmly and fairly, thereby reducing further misbehavior.
• Maintain accurate student records, grading assignments/tests timely. Notify the administrator of continued failure by any student.
• Delegate classroom chores fairly, thereby teaching hygiene and keeping clean classrooms.
• Perform other duties and assignments as required.
We are still in need of Teachers for this school year which began August 6th 2014. We are taking application until the positions are filled.
Please go to our web site www.indianschool.org, then click on Job Opportunities, then click on Application Packet for Non-Teaching Position in PDF Format. The application can be down loaded or printed. Once you have filled it out, email
or mail it to the school. The references should be mailed directly to the school by the people filling them out.