This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Warrington, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 09/03/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Mobilizer Position Description
The purpose of World Team is to glorify God by working together to establish reproducing churches focusing on the unreached people groups of the world. The objective of the Mobilizer is to further the purpose of World Team by mobilizing appropriately gifted Christians to fill the cross-cultural ministry needs.
A Mobilizer, as a member of the Mobilization Team, will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Mobilization Manager in establishing goals, mobilizing assigned audiences, creating mobilization opportunities, developing and implementing the mobilization philosophy, strategy and plan.
The Mobilizer position requires an individual who is flexible, has experience in planning, and possesses people skills, as well as organizational and computer skills. They should be able to work on their own initiative without close supervision, and be a team player. Cross-cultural experience is desirable. They should be able to relate well to people of all ages, and have leadership ability and experience. Good communication skills are essential.
Ideally the Mobilizer should be a mature Christian with Bible School training. Some exposure to missiological principles would be helpful. S/he should have a passion for missions. World Team has defined spiritual leadership qualifications on the following page.
The Mobilizer is directly accountable to the Mobilization Manager.
1. Serve as a member of the Mobilization Team.
2. Disciple interested people through the decision-making process toward pursuing missions.
3. Oversee ACT, the mobilization data base.
4. Work with the team on creating proactive ideas for mobilization and then to help with implementation.
5. Target assigned geographic hub(s); consisting of Bible Colleges, Seminaries, churches, individuals and events, for the purpose of mobilizing cross cultural workers.
6. Provide input for communication needs in relationship to brochures, advertising, and website set-up.
7. Travel (within hub(s) and to specific conferences) to promote World Team and mobilize workers.
8. Assist Mobilization Manager as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS OF SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP
Spiritual gift of leadership:
1. demonstrated ability to biblically envision, initiate and assure completion of the task in the light of what God is doing in the world.
2. demonstrated ability to build something through people---has learned the importance of subordinating self and supporting others to get the task done.
Christian Character---a godly life (elder qualities in I Timothy and Titus) which shows evidence of God's work of conforming the person to the image of Christ and is demonstrated by :
1. Gospel orientation, avoiding both legalism and cheap grace
2. Kingdom focused, embracing the Lordship of Christ over all realms of life
3. a humble, teachable spirit
4. application of Scripture to everyday living
5. a servant attitude and a submissiveness to authority
6. faith (expectancy), perseverance (courage), and self control
7. a consistent and dependable integrity
8. an emotional stability and toughness---able to make a good decision though painful
9. a wholesome family relationship
1. World Team's Essentials---purpose, vision, goals, doctrinal position and philosophy of ministry as evidenced in daily practical ministry
2. ensure prayer to maintain dependency upon God for direction and power for effective ministry;
3. provide spiritual leadership through Christ-like example;
4. be a listener and learner;
5. identify, develop and mentor future leaders;
6. team work---maximize the strengths of others by delegation and flexible leadership style; promote healthy team relationships and a climate of joy in ministry;
7. processing issues to bring closure and resolution (conflict management);
8. value and appreciate people;
9. ensure vital financial health and integrity.