Position Title: Marketing and Communication Manager
Office: Care Net, Lansdowne, VA
Department: Communication and Marketing
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communication
Direct Reports: none
About Care Net
As the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America, Care Net is committed to expanding access to the life-saving services and support provided by our local affiliate centers and to reach abortion minded/vulnerable women and men with the hope of
We work to accomplish this goal by promoting our network of affiliate centers and the Pregnancy Decision Line (Care Net’s online peer counseling initiative); preparing our local affiliate centers to effectively serve their communities; and partnering with
existing centers or like-minded ministries to plant new pregnancy centers in underserved areas. Care Net provides on-site board and staff training for our affiliate centers using an experienced team of national consultants. In addition, Care Net annually hosts
its National Pregnancy Center Conference, which features in-depth workshops, trainings and nationally renowned keynote speakers.
The Marketing and Communication Manager will be responsible for Care Net’s Web content and digital audience engagement, for the primary purpose of implementing an “inbound marketing philosophy” at Care Net. The Marketing and Communication Manager will write,
edit, assign, and aggregate content for Care Net’s Web properties, including but not limited to a redesigned Website with multiple blogs, Care Net’s Facebook page, and Twitter. The content will be aimed to make Care Net a destination site for all those affected
by and interested in the life issue. Fresh, daily, abundant content on subjects like relationships, fatherhood and motherhood, marriage, sexual responsibility and adoption, advocating a culture of life, will be required. The Marketing and Communication Manager
will carry out the above strategies across departments, moving seamlessly between product marketing and awareness-raising activities. Finally, the Marketing and Communication Manager will implement Web best practices and content strategies, and Search Engine
Optimization (SEO) best practices across Care Net’s Web platforms.
Through a combination of writing, editing, and aggregating, The Marketing and Communication Manager will:
- Produce 3-5 mixed-media pieces daily for Care Net’s Web properties;
- Implement Web best practices, Web content strategies, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices across Care Net’s Web and social media platforms;
- Build a network of guest bloggers and “first responders” who will serve as a “life advocate writers network,” infusing a Biblically Christian world view into Web commentary on articles related to abortion, pregnancy centers, and life affirming responses
to unexpected pregnancy.
- Scour the Web daily for quality content that can be aggregated on Care Net’s online properties or social networks, or to which replies are appropriate.
- Write longer form, downloadable materials (such as white papers and how-to guides) designed to be offered to various constituencies via Care Net’s inbound website.
- Actively participate in the pro-life, fatherhood, motherhood, and parenting communities, by commenting on blogs, writing guest blog posts, interacting on Twitter and Facebook, and employing other branded content practices to engage these communities in
Care Net’s message and content.
- Upload above-mentioned daily content to Care Net’s Web properties.
- Co-manage Care Net’s Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Generate Web traffic through hubs such as Reddit, StumbleUpon, and Digg
- Collaborate with sponsors in creating branded or “native” content for the Care Net website that is informative and welcome to users, as well as effective in communicating the sponsor’s value proposition
Other Duties as assigned
- Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Agrees with and can uphold Care Net’s Statement of Faith, Vision/Mission and Core Values.
- Possesses a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and related sexual purity issues.
- Polished oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- One to two years of experience in inbound marketing, online journalism, social media management, or related fields.
- Proficient in the standard use of business systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience creating content for online and offline collateral
- A "digital native,” familiar with all of the Web's top news sites and blogs, and with current national politics and business news
- Have a keen sense for how to make content compelling using images, headlines, and other publishing elements
- Possess extensive knowledge of social media sites and ideas about how to engage a reader community in the news of the day
- Familiarity with video platforms and content
- Experience generating traffic for Websites
- Knowledge of project management systems such as Basecamp
- Experience using marketing automation platforms like Hubspot.
- Skills writing headlines and other methods to maximize SEO
- Experience working with a Web-based CMS
- Post-graduate degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in multimedia production.
Please forward a cover letter, your resume, 2-3 writing samples (or a link to where your writing is on display), and salary requirements to: jobs <at> care-net.org (No calls please.)
Chief Outreach Officer
44180 Riverside Parkway, Suite 200
Lansdowne, VA 20176