Position Title: Director of Marketing and Communication
Office: Care Net, Landsdowne, VA
Department: Communication and Marketing
Reports To: Chief Outreach Officer
Direct Reports: Communication, Marketing, and Graphic Design Staff
About Care Net
As the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America, Care Net is committed to expanding access to the life-saving services and support provided by our local affiliate centers and to reach abortion minded/vulnerable women and men with the hope of Jesus Christ.
We work to accomplish this goal by promoting our network of affiliate centers and the Pregnancy Decision Line (Care Net’s online peer counseling initiative); preparing our local affiliate centers to effectively serve their communities; and partnering with existing centers or like-minded ministries to plant new pregnancy centers in underserved areas. Care Net provides on-site board and staff training for our affiliate centers using an experienced team of national consultants. In addition, Care Net annually hosts its National Pregnancy Center Conference, which features in-depth workshops, trainings and nationally renowned keynote speakers.
Under the supervision of the Chief Outreach Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communication is responsible for the development of Care Net’s communication and marketing strategy. The goal of this role is to create and execute a marketing strategy for the promotion of Care Net’s products and services, advance Care Net’s position with relevant constituents, and drive broader awareness and support for the organization. The Director of Marketing and Communication will be responsible for Care Net’s varied and integrated communication and marketing outreach and content including: product marketing; newsletters and other print publications; website and social media; e-news and other online communications.
- Manages a marketing/communication specialist and a senior graphic designer, with potential for additional management responsibilities.
- Manages effort to develop and implement communication/marketing plans and objectives for several areas of the organization, including: strategic programming areas, conference and Affiliate training efforts, and overall organizational branding and messaging, with the goal of targeting key constituencies and increasing sales and exposure.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications and marketing plan to advance Care Net’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences, such as supporters and Care Net affiliates.
- Oversees maintenance of editorial calendar for online and offline properties – including product promotional e-mails; weekly, monthly, and quarterly e-newsletters; targeted mailings; and other product and programming promotions as needed.
- Coordinates production of advertising and marketing brochures, sales kits, and other promotional materials.
- Coordinates the development and distribution of, and creates content for, online and offline marketing collateral.
- Directs the development of marketing pieces such as targeted mailings, targeted emails and web initiatives, conference promotions and flyers, and other targeted/customized advertising opportunities.
- Coordinates, along with Center Services and Client Care Team, the completion of any research projects and the ensuing release events for final research products that are related to the development or distribution of Care Net products and services (surveys, data compilations, studies, etc.).
Web and E-Commerce
- Heads up implementation and usage of an inbound marketing platform (e.g., Hubspot) to manage and track Care Net’s eNewsletters, blog, landing pages, contact lists, and sales leads.
- Manages communication and marketing aspects of Care Net’s Resource Center, working in coordination with the Center Services and Client Care team.
- Manages Care Net’s web properties and ensures that its E-commerce website provides high quality and accurate content and information for customers and interacts with E-commerce platform subcontractor to address website issues and enhancements.
- Collaborates with internal staff, web vendors, and web contractors on strategies to grow Care Net’s online presence and increase website traffic, including SEO tactics, blogger outreach, and social media efforts.
- In consultation with the Chief Outreach Officer, develops and manages Care Net’s social media outreach strategy.
- Responsible for shaping and implementing an integrated social media communications strategy for Care Net; including strategies for Facebook, Twitter, blogging, email, e-newsletters, and other communications activities.
Travel, Conference and Other Events
- Ability to travel, about 10-15% of time.
- Participates in conference and other events, meetings, speaking engagements, and other activities as Care Net’s representative.
Other Duties as assigned
- Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Agrees with and can uphold Care Net’s Statement of Faith, Vision/Mission and Core Values.
- Possesses a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and related sexual purity issues.
- 4-6 years experience in marketing, with staff management responsibilities
- Experience using marketing automation platforms like Hubspot
- Experience creating and implementing integrated marketing plans for products and services
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams
- Strong and high energy with proven leadership skills.
- Able to attract, retain, and motivate a high quality staff in a non-profit Christian environment.
- Polished oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Proficient in the standard use of business systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience creating content for online and offline collateral
- Knowledge of content management system (CMS) software and project management systems such as Basecamp
- Post-graduate degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in multimedia production.
Please forward a cover letter and your resume to: jobs <at> care-net.org (No calls please.)
Chief Outreach Officer
44180 Riverside Parkway, Suite 200
Lansdowne, VA 20176
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
As the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America, Care Net is committed to expanding access to the life-saving services and support provided by our local affiliate centers and to reach abortion minded/vulnerable women and men with the hope of Jesus Christ. We work to accomplish this goal by promoting our network of affiliate centers and the Pregnancy Decision Line (Care Net’s online peer counseling initiative); preparing our local affiliate centers to effectively serve their communities; and partnering with existing centers More...