We are seeking to hire a person to lead ministries for youth and young adults with emphasis on supporting and building spiritual growth, friendship, and service. Person will collaborate with church members and staff on local missions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement programs and activities for youth and young adults.
- Work with Youth Ministry Architects Restoration Team to recruit and train laity for ministry with youth, young adults, and local missions.
- Integrate youth and young adults into broader life of the church.
- Engage youth and young adults in Christian education and Bible study.
- Identify and use a variety of programs to encourage spiritual growth with a balance of fun and service activities.
- Create an environment where youth grow in their acceptance of self and others.
- Equip and empower youth to lead their organization by planning studies and activities.
- Plan and facilitate mission trips and retreats for youth.
- Strengthen connections with district/conference youth organizations.
- Support youth in extracurricular activities outside of church.
- Work with church members and staff to continue and expand local mission and mission opportunity.
- Attend staff and committee meetings.
- Adhere to Safe Church Policy Guidelines.
- Participate in life of Salmon Creek United Methodist Church.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Strong Christian faith with enthusiasm for working with youth and young adults.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and organizational skills.
- Written and oral communication skill with all ages, including proficient, appropriate 4. and effective use of social media.
- Planning and implementation of programs and events.
- Strong listening skills.
- Computer skills.
- Budgeting and financial accountability for programs.
- Flexible and able to work toward consensus with volunteers and staff.
- Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries.
B.S. Or B.A. Degree in Christian Ministries or equivalent skills or experience. Master of Divinity with a desire to pursue ordination in the United Methodist Church highly desired.
Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Must be able to pass background check.
Must be able to complete an I-9.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience/education
Please find application at www.salmoncreekchurch.org under careers. Submit with letter of introdution and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org by August 25, 2014.