This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Burley Bible Church-Burley WA
Burley, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 08/15/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Childrens Pastor Job Description
Burley Bible Church
Burley Bible Church is looking for a full time Childrens Pastor to develop, oversee, and lead our Childrens Ministry, preschool through 6th grade.
We are an independent, non-charismatic Bible church with an average attendance of 350 people in our two blended Sunday Morning Services, Sunday School, Childrens Church, and Evening Service. Burley is a suburban/rural community located between Gig Harbor and Port Orchard, and is a 20-minute drive from Tacoma. The church has 3 pastors and numerous lay leaders and volunteers.
We also have a Christian School, pre-school through High School, of about 120 students, which is not part of this job description.
Formal training: You must have a BA degree in Christian Education from a Bible college or seminary, and have 3-5 years of ministry experience overseeing childrens ministry in a church setting.
As Childrens Pastor you will lead us in expanding our Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, AWANA, etc; and develop music programs for children. (If you are not gifted in music, you may work with volunteer musicians from the congregation.)
You will be part of our pastoral leadership team and report to the Senior Pastor. You will recruit volunteers, provide vision, leadership and training as we develop a strong and growing Childrens Ministry. Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and elders you will have full responsibility and oversight over all our childrens programs.
1. Personal testimony of salvation.
2. Have a growing relationship with Christ, commitment to personal Bible study and prayer, obedience to Gods Word, regular giving to Gods work, and regular attendance at Burley Bible Church worship services.
3. A sense of Gods call to childrens ministry.
4. Personal, family, and spiritual qualifications of an elder as outlined in
1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Be an energetic and self-motivated leader.
2. Demonstrates sound time management skills.
3. Demonstrates a passion for educating, teaching, inspiring, training, and developing children.
4. Displays a willingness to partner with other staff members to ensure overall church ministry objectives.
5. Be able to take directions and instructions, as well as give them.
6. Possesses organization, administration, and ability to recruit
volunteers and train them.
7. Demonstrates forward thinking and problem solving skills.
8. Possesses knowledge of resources (people and/or materials) to achieve goals set with the Senior Pastor.
9. Ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
10. Has basic computer skills