Summary of Foster Care Case Manager Provide case management services for abused/neglected children, delinquency wards, in foster care and for their families. Case management services are goal oriented and time limited. The goals are to ensure
the safety of the child while developing a permanency plan for each individual child in a timely manner.
Essential Functions :
- Develop, with the parents, a goal oriented, time limited Parent/Agency Agreement and Family Assessment within thirty days after the child is in care, based on a complete family assessment and the information the worker gathered at the time of intake.
- Testify at court hearings and proceedings. Maintain regular contact with attorneys, therapists and CASA workers and other providers.
- Keep current and accurate client records, case files, record notes and medical records.
- Fulfill the reporting guidelines established by Bethany Christian Services, DHS and the Court. Submit written reports on each case on a timely basis.
- Meet weekly with supervisor to consult on cases, to review case plan and direction and to evaluate client participation and progress.
- Attend child welfare related trainings and increase knowledge about Systemic Approaches, Solution Focused Therapy and other treatment modalities. Assess and intervene using these approaches when appropriate. Attend contractually requested trainings such as the Child Welfare Institute.
- Provide case management services to parents whose children are in foster care. Work to engage them in services. Be knowledgeable of community resources and treatment modalities. Make referrals to counseling, evaluations and treatment for sexual abuse, substance abuse, domestic violence, mental illness, parenting class, or any other needed services.
- Provide services in a manner which empowers clients and follow professionally recognized standards of ethical practice.
- Follow Concurrent Planning model in the provision of services while parents are working on their treatment plan.
- Provide case management to children in foster care. Demonstrate an understanding of the effects that separation and loss, neglect, physical and sexual abuse has on a child. Assist child and develop treatment plan to enhance their well-being.
- Coordinate and facilitate the completion of the treatment plan by keeping in contact with all providers which may or may not include case conferences. Bring together professionals involved to discuss case planning and progress, including foster parents, biological parents and children as appropriate.
- Communicate and meet at least monthly with foster parents assisting them and ensuring that appropriate care is given to foster children.
- Participate in on-call systems as required by program.
- Work with Licensing and Placement Specialist on complaints regarding foster parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general content and principal areas of responsibilities of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- BSW or BA/BS in human service field.
- Demonstrates professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Eligible to obtain professional licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Demonstrates excellent assessment, therapeutic and crisis intervention skills.
- Knowledge of state, community and agency resources.
- Computer and documentation skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
- MSW or MA/MS in human service field.
- Two years experience in child welfare or family systems.
- Completion of CWI training.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Associate DirectorProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Community Manager (Case Manager)Joy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children
- Woodlawn, Virginia
- September 28
Bethany Christian Services
Who we are: Bethany Christian Services is a global nonprofit family preservation and child welfare organization caring for orphans and vulnerable children on five continents. Bethany is recognized as a prominent leader in social services worldwide. Founded in 1944, our mission calls us to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting and enhancing the lives of children and families around the world. What we do: Bethany is about kids in families. We serve children of all ages as we strive toward a world where every child More...