The Giving and Training Officer (GTO) oversees the local Mission Increase Foundation (MIF) office. He or she serves as the primary “face” of the Foundation in the branch office area, as well as being the administrative contact point between the local ministry community and the Foundation. The GTO is directly responsible for the successful execution of the Foundation’s training, consulting, and granting programs in the local office area.
The Giving and Training Officer works under the supervision of a Regional Giving and Training Officer (RGTO).
• Organize, promote, and lead bi-monthly training workshops for the branch office
• Represent the foundation at local community and ministry functions
• For qualifying ministries, provide individualized consultation on various non-profit management topics
• Oversee all aspects of the office’s grant making function; reviewing requests, conducting site visits, making recommendations to the Grant Review Committee, coaching ministries through the matching grant process, and ensuring proper reporting by grantees
• Assist ministries, as needed, in completing and maintaining their online Ministry Account with MIF
• Participate in the development of an annual budget for the office
• Participate fully in trans-office GTO responsibilities, including but not limited to regular phone conference calls, research and development of workshop training curricula, and writing blog posts
• Submit regular administrative reports as required by MIF headquarters
The GTO must be a mature follower of Jesus Christ, actively involved in an evangelical church. Four year college degree preferred with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Strong people skills
• Gifted in public speaking
• Able to teach and train others in large and small scale settings
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Strong skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint mastery are required)
• Working knowledge of nonprofit management principles and practices, especially those related to fundraising
• Strong administrative skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to plan and implement programs
• Event organizing, coordinating, and hosting skills
It is expected that all applicants possess a knowledge of and passion for:
• Nonprofit Leadership
• Developing Ministries
• Personal Generosity
If you would like to find out more about this position use the Contact Us link at the top of the posting or to Apply for this position use the Apply For This Job link below on our ChristianJobs.com posting, thank you.
No phone calls .Please
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Mission Increase Foundation
COMPANY Mission Increase Foundation is an operating foundation that desires to transform lives for Christ through effective giving and training of Christian nonprofit ministries. FOUNDED 1999 as an operational 501(c)3 foundation. FUNCTION OF FOUNDATION The two primary functions of Mission Increase Foundation are: 1. Provide training and mentoring to Christian Ministries in fundraising, board governance, strategic planning and non-profit management. 2. Administer matching grants to qualified recipients. More...